Question about HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
My printer keeps saying it has a paper jam but there is nothing stuck in there. It has the letter E and when I hit cancel to get rid of it it just keeps yanking the paper and pulling it half way though and stopping. I don't have anything scheduled to print. Also I replaced my ink cartridges thinking that might help but it didn't. I have only had it about a year and use it about once a week. It was working fine last week and when I came in this week it didn't work. Does anyone else have this problem. I am ready to throw it against the wall......
It sounds like a memory problem in the printer. False information is being send to the printer. There are several options.
1) Go to the HP site and download the lastest software and drivers. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=1128296#
2) In Windows, click START, click RUN, type SPOOL. Under printers folder, delete any files there. Try to print.
3) Install printer it again, but just the driver.
click on START, click on SETTING, click on PRINTERS AND FAXES. Double click ADD PRINTER. follow the prompts to install printer and set as default. Then try to print.
4) Power off printer. then, Hold down power button. Keep pressing for a minute. This should clear the printer memory.
5) Try these solutions from HP. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/solveCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1128296&lang=en
6) Open window, unplug printer, gently pickup printer, toss printer through window opening.
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
I think it is asking for alignment page try this
before turning on the printer load the printer with paper and turn on the printer it will printer a alignment page and follow the instruction
hope this will solve your problem
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 31, 2012 | Lexmark X5650 AllInOne InkJet Printer
Aug 04, 2010 | Lexmark X4650 InkJet Printer
Feb 28, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 08, 2010 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Jan 07, 2010 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 06, 2010 | Lexmark Pro X125 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 04, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Dec 22, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart C4280 Laser Printer
Dec 11, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4050 Printer
169 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!