- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Are you loosing radiator fluid. sometimes the heater core will rupture and you will smell burn odor. also check for strange rubbing sounds or screeching coming from the blower fan motor. or engine exhaust manifolds are hot when car is on, make sure nothing is leaning on them which will cause a burn odor. Any odor coming from outside will find it's way inside through the fresh air vents.
I have a artic and it has a motherboard in it. This is the most common problem.They are easy to replace and you can get one on the internet pretty cheap.First look at the mobo for any burnt spots on it. If so then get the # off the board and search for it.
You may have burnt the starter up. They will burn out if run excessively. If the switch continues to act up and get stuck, you will need to check that out. Might need a new switch. I had a similar problem in a Honda, drove 15 miles with the starter still engaged-it really fried it.
Jennifer what type of timing belt does your engine use ?
Is it Nylon ? When was the last time you had it changed ?
Burning plastic smell may be being caused by the timing belt bearing runners seizing and the belt is getting hot .
If the belt is due to snap you could cause a lot of damage to the engine if it breaks.
Might be worth getting a mechanics advice on this as a possible cause
Quite often, if you smell like a plastic burning smell, one of the capacitors is faulty, and should be checked immediately. Quite often the compressor start capacitor, will get hot and start to melt. Have it checked by qualified technician or electrician, as they are dangerous and can give a fatal shock if not experienced with handling them, even when power is shut off. $20-$30 part, and 1/2hr. labor should take care of it. The cover on roof unit, has to be removed to access the capacitors, so watch for bees, wasps, when you do so. Make sure power is off at breaker panel.
cud be your onboard voltage regulator for the battery charging. if you remove the battery and use the external power source does it smell also?
if the battery charges normal out of the unit, and the laptop works well with the AC power unit without the battery, then it's your voltage regulator for the batt charging