Question about Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
I don't know what the problem is with my printer. I've checked for a paper jam, cleaned the printer and turned machine off for 30 minutes but printer still displays "Init unable 43. Check troubleshooting and routine maintenance in user's guide," which I have done but am unable to resolve the problem
SOURCE: Not printing
I tried pushing the menu button and the blue start button 4 x's. First the 4 buttons (photo/capture, copy, fax & scan lit up and started flashing and the printer went into maintenance mode, then the word copy 01/01 appeared and nothing happened. Then machine error code 4Fappeared. Does anyone have a clue what to do next? Mix-it-Up do you have any input?
Posted on Feb 28, 2008
SOURCE: Printer flashes "Clean Unable 46 - refer to troubleshooting and routine maintenance in User's Guide". I went to the user's guide and did all the maintenance/cleaning that was reccommended. Nothing cha
Try resetting the purge counter:
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC240C all fourphoto/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is neededin maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertentlycorrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads:Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if youfail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press theStop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys.Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenancemode to call up the machine’s log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the loginformation list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Download the manuals from:
Please rate this solution in case you find it helpful, else leave a comment and I shall revert back with more suggestions.
Posted on Aug 11, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank you for the site info! i looked for a long time, wish i had asked and followed your advice the first thing as it went right to it."
This is almost always due to foreign material (bits of paper, paperclip, push pin etc.) in the printhead path or under where the printhead parks.
Unplug the machine. Open the cover. Check the printhead path for foreign material. Note the position of the printhead.
If the printhead is at the far left, gently slide it towards the center. (Do not force it). Carefully inspect the area under where the printhead was positioned with a flashlight if necessary, looking for debris.
Close the cover. Plug in the machine and check.
Posted on Jan 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 29, 2014 | Brother Sealed Mfc-j430w Wireless Printer...
Oct 14, 2012 | Brother Mfc-j6910dw Inkjet Multifunction...
Jul 23, 2011 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Feb 03, 2010 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 09, 2009 | Brother MFC-640CW All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 16, 2009 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
382 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!