Question about Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N ATA DEVICE
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
My cd/dvd drive stopped working. it says that the driver HL-Dt-St DVDRAM GMA-4082N ATA Device is corrupt. I tried to update this online but found nothing.......... Could not find any file for this in my hard disc. right now I can see any drive other than C: in my computer.
You need to do
1) confirm the dvd driver works ok at other same laptop or find a usb dvd drive adapter to check it works well or not, the dvd driver damage if not
2) check the dvd interface pins (no damage or disconnection) on the motherboard, there is hardware problem that you can not see or heard any lights and driving sounds when the power on
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
Hi, the error code that you have is a known issue from Microsoft that needs a registry tweaks. Error code means "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39)". You can click on this link for your reference http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us
To resolve this problem, remove the affected filter drivers. To do this, follow these steps:1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
This will surely help you resolve your issue. Good Luck!!!
Posted on Sep 18, 2008
I got the fix from Microsoft and run the exe to fix the "upper" something and after that it can see the CD/DVD drive. I think it is a Windows bug. Not a hardware failure. (Cost me a trip to local store)
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
when switching on the lap top a blue screen comes up and is asking for curent password ,which i never put in ,can any one help. acer 5315
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
backup whatever information you have and run the system recovery through the disks you received when you purchased the computer. If you can perform the recovery then you know the hardware is fine and that you were experiencing software corruption.
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 16, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook
May 15, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Sep 13, 2009 | NEC LaVie RX Notebook
Aug 25, 2009 | PC Laptops
Dec 29, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
Oct 01, 2008 | PC Laptops
Jul 20, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite P105-S6104 Notebook
Jun 08, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite P100 Notebook
May 07, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite P100 Notebook
1,311 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: