Temperature indicator turns on in my Epson EMP-500
Here is my problem:
I connect the power cord and the power indicator turns on orange and the fans starts, then i press power button, the power indicator starts blinking, the lamp starts to turns on, the fan of the lamp starts and then the temperature indicator starts blinking in red. What could be the problem with the projector? . Thanks in advantage for your help.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Temperature indicator turns on in my Epson EMP-500
It appears that one of the cooling fans in ur projector is jammed or not spinning at the required speed! ope the projector & observe the fans as u switch on!!!if the fans seem fine, then it could be a defective thermistor!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the system is as follows:--
1. First Disconnect printer from AC power outlet. Also disconnect USB PC cable from back of the printer. 2. Press and HOLD the POWER button (untill step 7). 3. Reconnect power cord (turn on power) to the printer. 4. The indicator should be green. 5. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator should be orange. 6. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator should be green. 7. NOW Release POWER buttons. 8. NOW Connect the printer to PC (USB cable).This will help.Good luck.
Welcome to Fixya
If this happened recently then try to reset the printer to factory state. Please see procedure below:
1.Connect the Canon PIXMA iX4000 printer to the power cord. ( note : If the automatic power-on function is enabled in the printer, the printer enters the service mode for the first time, but it will never enter the service mode if the printer is turned off by the Power button. This is because the printer remains to be turned on internally if the power is turned off by the Power button. To prevent this, disconnection of the power cord is required before starting the printer in the service mode ) .
2.With the Canon PIXMA iX4000 printer powered off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (note : Don't release the buttons. The Power LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
3.While holding the Power button, release Resume/Cancel button. (Don't release the Power button.)
4.While holding the Power button, press Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons.
5.When the Power LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times to reset waste ink counter in the Canon Pixma iX4000. (note : If the Power LED does not light in green the printer does not enter the service mode, disconnect the power cord and plug it again. Then start from step 1 to start the printer in the service mode again).
6.At the end of the service mode, press the Power button. The paper lifting plate of the sheet feed unit will be raised. Note :
Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED. Other specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.
Time(s) LED indication Function Remarks 0 times Green (Power) Power off 1 time Orange (Alarm) Service test print 2 times Green (Power) EEPROM information print 3 times Orange (Alarm) EEPROM initialization 4 times Green (Power) Waste ink counter resetting 5 times Orange (Alarm) Destination settings 6 times Green (Power) Print head deep cleaning (Cleaning of both black and color) Thank you for using Fixya!
1. Disconnect printer from AC power (take out AC
cord or power off your power strip). Disconnect USB PC cable fromprinter. 2. Press and HOLD the POWER button (UNTIL STEP
7). 3. Reconnect power cord (turn on power) to the
printer. 4. The indicator should be green. 5. Press and release the RESUME button , the
indicator should be orange. 6. Press and release the RESUME button again, the
indicator should be green. 7. NOW Release POWER buttons. 8. NOW Connect the printer to PC (USB cable). 9. NOW...I opened "Printers" and saw
that a "copy" of my printer (i250 or i350) had been made. Make that
COPY your default printer and all should work...It did for me.
1. Verify AC power presence with MagSafe LED
indicating on or charge state.
2. Verify battery as being partly charged, with
orange/amber LED on MagSafe power connector.
3. Reset SMC
Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
The System Management Controller (SMC) is a chip on the logic board that controls all power
functions. If the computer is experiencing any power issue, such as not starting up, not
displaying video, sleep issues, or fan noise issues, resetting SMC may resolve it. To reset SMC:
1. If computer is on, turn it off by choosing Shut Down from the Apple menu.
2. Connect power adapter to computer and to a working power source.
3. On built-in keyboard, press (left-side) Shift-Control-Option along with power button just
once. Important: Use Shift-Control-Option keys on left side of keyboard.
Note: When the LED on the MagSafe connector is orange/amber, resetting the SMC will
change it to green for a few seconds, indicating that SMC was correctly reset.
4. Wait 5 seconds and press power button to start computer. Note: If bottom case is removed,
you can alternately reset SMC by disconnecting both power adapter and main battery, and
holding down power button for 5 seconds.
Power Adapter Issues
1. Connect AC adapter's MagSafe connector to the
computer. The LED on the connector should be
green or orange/amber.
2. Verify power cord or duckhead is firmly attached
to AC adapter. Check that duckhead is not
3. Verify AC power source is supplying AC power.
4. Check for dirty or stuck pins on the MagSafe
connectors, both on the adapter and the
5. Reset SMC by pressing the (left) Shift-ControlOption(Alt) keys along with the power button
The temperature indicator is red. The projector is overheating, which turns the lamp off automatically. Let the projector cool for a few minutes, then turn it back on. Make sure nothing is blocking the ventilation vents. If the projector continues to overheat after you clean the air filter, the problem may be caused by damage to the cooling fan or internal circuits. Contact a qualified service person. ¨ Warning: Do not attempt to service this product yourself except as specifically explained in this User's Guide. Representative : EPSON AMERICA, INC. Address : 3840 Kilroy Airport Way MS : 6-43 Long Beach, CA90806-2469 Telephone : (562) 290-5254
This is definitely an overheating prolem,unplug the power cord. Plug the power cord back in and press the Power button. Make sure the room temperature is not above 95 F (35 C) and there is plenty of space around and under the projector for ventilation.
The air filter might need replacement.
If the projector continues to show the temperature light after you clean/replace the air filter, the problem may be caused by damage to the cooling fan or temperature sensor. Contact EPSON for help.
You need to check the air filter (unless it is a DLP unit) tio make sure it isn't clogged. Most projectors will shut down to avoid overheating and damaging the circuitry. At times this may also be an indicator that your lamp has reach its end-of-of life stage, and given the age and model of your projector, you may weigh the cost of purchasing a new one.
1. Disconnect printer from AC power (take out AC cord or power off your power strip). Disconnect USB PC cable from printer. 2. Press and HOLD the POWER button (untill step 7). 3. Reconnect power cord (turn on power) to the printer. 4. The indicator should be green. 5. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator should be orange. 6. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator should be green. 7. NOW Release POWER buttons. 8. NOW Connect the printer to PC (USB cable). 9. NOW...Open "Printers" and make sure that a "copy" of the printer (MP150) had been made. Make that COPY your default printer and all should work.
Let me know if this works for you. Thanks.