Re: I'm trying to scan in a document and then fax it...
Unlike most scanners, you must put the page that you want to copy in lower right corner of the glass (notice the small arrow pointing to the corner). This should fix any problem with an image being cut off. As far as faxing, I don't think the C3180 is able to fax pages. Hope this helps
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
All lot of those printers came with two separate driver's disc. Make sure that you are installing the correct for the mac and not windows. If you are you can go to the hp website and do a search on there website for the driver for mac operating system.
Here are the steps to scan documents to your computer
1. Turn on your computer, wait for it to boot up, then turn on your printer.
2. Locate the " HP Photo and Imaging Director " icon on your computer and double click it.
This icon was placed there when you installed your printer.
3. After double clicking on the icon, a menu screen will appear showing the scanning options
available on your C3180 printer.
4. Place your document or picture on the printer's glass top and close the lid.
5. Click on the appropriate selection from the menu screen ( Scan Document or Scan Picture )
6. The scanning process will now take place. The scanner will make two passes. The first pass
will allow you to judge the accuracy of the scan and to make changes, if necessary, from your.
monitor. The second pass is the acceptance of the document/picture to the computer.
7. Scanned documents can be viewed in the " My Documents " folder, scanned pictures can be
viewed in the HP Photo Gallery and the My Pictures folder.
On my scanner, I feed the documents on the ADFfeeder (paper feeder) and when it finishes one scan, I tell it to continue. It will scan all you docs and put it in on file that you can send as one attachment.