- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Normal default on HP is tray 2, however if you do not have that tray set for plain paper letter size the printer will default to whichever tray has letter plain paper installed. You should also check your print driver default settings to ensure that tray 2 is set as default tray.
In XP, go to settings; control panel; printers& faxes; then left click your printer and select "Properties". Click the "Device Settings" tab and you should be able to figure it out from there, by clicking the trays and selecting "not available". I have that same printer and I just did it with mine so I know it can be done.
first what size is tray 1 set for and the type. generally tray 1 is set for letter size and the type is plain and usually is the normal default configuration.
also check the tray guides for proper setting letter size..
Also if possible run a configuration page to see how your current paper handling settings are being read by your printer.
the MP Tray is generally setup as ANY Size and ANY type always.
check your paper handling setup settings..there are additional steps, let me know.
From the control panel of the printer, do the following:
1. arrow down once to highlight the 2nd item: "paper handling".
2. press the check button (turquoise color) to select this option.
3. arrow down 2x's until you highlight the "tray 2 size".
4. hit the check button to select this item.
5. You should see a size that is "letter" and there should be a ' * ' asterisk which means that is the default setting. If you see other paper sizes as well, then arrow up or arrow down to highlight the preferred size, and then press the check button to insert the asterisk ' * ' which will set that as the default.
6. you change the paper type as well as paper size for the other trays in the same fashion. Most HP printers will select paper according to the SIZE as well as the TYPE. The printer can "sense" the paper size in the paper cassette tray by the stops that hold the paper. Therefore the printer will choose that paper based upon the SIZE and what you define as its type.
Please print a configuration page from the control panel of the printer
- Menu > Information menu > print configuration.
- Check for paper handling details.
Following setting should reflect.
Tray 1: Any size / Any Type
Tray 2: A4 size / Plain Type
If the above settings are not reflecting in the configuration page, please change accordingly by browsing on the control panel of the printer to:
Paper Handling Menu >
Tray 1 Size: Any
Tray 1 Type: Any
Tray 2 Size: A4
Tray 2 Type: Plain