An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 2 tips or uploaded 1 video tip.
Re: Blackberry pearl 8120 not holding charge and thinking...
BEFORE ANYTHING !!!! use the desktop software to backup your data on the BB (if you can) and save the file to the desktop.
next go to
you need to download (use pull down menu)
blackberry desktop software 4.6 and the blackberry pearl 8120 smartphone. install the desktop software first then the device software.. this can take maybe an hour (not including the download time)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Although BlackBerry is a fairly reputable company, the complaints that you describe above are quite common, and most without fixes.
If you want a BlackBerry, consider the 8220 BlackBerry Flip. Better predictive text engine and none of the complaints you mentioned above. I think those are available well within your price range if you're willing to do a new two year agreement.
1) Your Device battery is dying or you are using Voice calls too much,
2) If this is a work device then ask your IT administrator to activate you on a 'Blackberry Enterprise server', You will need an account. If this is not a work device and you are using it as end user then you don't need to be on "Blackberry Enterprise server".
Check that your Network signal is strong and you have "GPRS" or "3G" showing at the top right hand corner?
Research In Motion does not have the Carrier Unlock Code to unlock BlackBerry devices for use with other carriers. To obtain the Carrier Unlock Code, contact the service provider from which the BlackBerry device was originally purchased