When I send an E Mail it goes into the Outbox instead of being sent.
Sometimes I can then go into Outbox and click send and it will go, but other times it still stays there.
What is the problem?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: E Mail send problems
Initially all messages you send will go directly to the outbox first. Automatically though it should send after a while. Sometimes it could take up to an hour. If you want it to be sent at the exact moment, just press the "Send/Receive" button and that will shoot your mail from the outbox.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is one way I've found to delete an email stuck in the outbox (which is what it "sounds like" you are asking...)
1. change ya smtp settings so the message defo wont send!
2. send a test email to anyone
3. it will attempt to send but oversiously fail...
4. hopefully the outbox should be listed with 1 message waiting to go out...
5. if not, try going into the Activity Window and canceling the send command, that should show it up...
6. click the Outbox and the will be one message listed...
7. goto View -> then Show Favourites Bar
8. you should see a favourites bar appear...
9. simply drop and drag the Outbox into your favourites bar...
10. if you restart ur laptop or close mail and then the Outbox has disappeard, simply click the Outbox in you favourites tab and woop woop it should appear in the Side Bar
That's because you're using a mail system that is on your computer instead of a webmail (Yahoo Mail, etc)
The program will hold onto that mail in the Outgoing box until you connect to the internet and tell it to S"Send All" or whatever it says to send mail now.
If you have Offline Gmail enabled, you'll notice that all your mail now goes through the outbox, regardless of whether you're online or offline. This allows Gmail to capture all attachments, even if you suddenly get disconnected from [the] network. If you're online, your mail will quickly be sent along to its destination." Most times it means you do not have an internet connection... so the emails sit in the "outbox" until gmail has a connection to the internet. Once it does, it will send the emails in the "outbox"
I've had the same problem, and my way to fix it was to turn of the firewall and check if it worked, and it did.
When I was sure that the firewall was my problem, I gave accsess to Outlook Express manually through my firewall.
I can probably help you with that to, but then I have to know what firewall/anti virus program you use (if you got one at all?)
Had a similar problem myself (Sony Ericsson W890i) - just a plain old SMS message got 'queued' in the outbox, and all further messages I tried to send got sent to the outbox too without ever being sent.
What I did was delete all the messages that I could from the outbox (5 out of the 6 which had been 'queued'), and the one remaining message that I could not delete I cancelled, sent it to the Drafts folder, and then Saved it (to the SIM). I then switched off the phone, took out the SIM card, put it in my old Sony Ericsson handset, switched that on, went to the Messages folder and deleted this one troublesome SMS message from the 'Saved' sub folder. Replaced the SIM in my current handset, and sending messages thereafter was no problem. Hope it works for you too!