Question about Tappan MEF500 Electric Kitchen Range
I have a Tappan Model TEF326FSA Stove. The control pad looks like it's working but oven bake and broil does not heat at all. It does make the clicking noise like it is working.
Is this the clock/timer problem?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Tappan Gas stove
The pilot adjustment screw is located on the back side of the oven temperature thermostat. Lift the cook top to access it. Use a flat screwdriver to adjust... counter clockwise= bigger flame.
Posted on Aug 15, 2007
Almost always a weak oven igniter. Remove oven floor by removing 2 screws at rear of floor. Remove flame spreader from burner, if it has one. Turn on oven and see if igniter gets red. It's the caged thing on burner tube. If it does but doesn't light gas, replace igniter. UNPLUG UNIT FIRST!!
Put dishwashing soap on threads of 2 screws holding igniter in place. This will allow it to come out easier. Do-not use oil. It will make your oven smell like a diesel truck.
Remove screws. You will have to remove drawer in front. Underneath you can fin wires from igniter. These will be cut at igniter and connected to igniter with enclosed wire nuts. The 2 wires to igniter go either way.
Posted on Nov 22, 2007
SOURCE: Oven will not lite
Older is BETTER !! Replace the igniter,even if it is glowing
REPLACE it !
note:there is a 2% chance the safety valve is the problem.And I'll bet you ,you are in the 98% side on this one.EVEN THOUGH YOU SEE IT GLOW -----IF ITS JUST GLOWING---------GLOWING--------GLOWING---------it's gone ! !
Please Rate This & Thank You ! !
Posted on Jun 12, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 17, 2016 | Kitchen Ranges
Jan 28, 2016 | Frigidaire Ovens
Oct 04, 2014 | Kitchen Ranges
Jul 29, 2013 | Tappan Kitchen Ranges
Jan 14, 2013 | Thermador C302U Electric Double Oven
Apr 16, 2011 | Kitchen Ranges
Aug 31, 2009 | GE JGRP17 Gas Single Oven
Jan 05, 2009 | Tappan Kitchen Ranges
523 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: