Select main menu, press RIGHT ARROW to System setup and press SELECT
Press RIGHT ARROW to Print quality and press SELECT
Press RIGHT ARROW to Replace supplies and press SELECT
Press RIGHT ARROW to Override out and press SELECT
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Each cartridge having printing life, as long as cartridge health condition is good it won't gives any trouble. Subjected series printer having mono & colour cartridges,1. Remove both cartridge from the printer 2. Switch on & wait till message appears for insert the cartridges..3. Insert mono(Black) cartridge, close the door & wait till message appears on screen. If message appears same as cartridge error mean that mono cartridge is faulty replace it, if message appears like insert another cartridge, it's confirmed that colour cartridge faulty.. Replace it..
yes, there is an option to override (or ignore) the message of a cartridge empty. Go to the printer menu then configure device, then look for system setup and replace supplies. There is an option that says override out. Select that and the unit will use any remain of toner from the cartridge even though it shows 0%. Be aware that at some point the cartridge will be completely depleted and can cause quality issues, at that point replace the cartridge
In this case, actually it is not the Black toner that got depleted.
Here the message being displayed indicate that one of the color Toner supply
need to be replaced as it got depleted and currently the printer is printing in
Black and white using the Black toner cartridge.
in this case, to troubleshoot these issues please try
performing the following and check for the results.
* 1. Check for the level of the toner cartridges:
a) Check from the HP Toolbox application. Here are the steps
to be performed from your PC:
* Access the Toolbox software.
* Select the Status tab.
* Select the Device status option.
Here you can check for the supplies status in terms of the %
remaining for each toner cartridges.
b) By checking the supplies status from the printer control
On the printer display when printer is in Ready mode the
supplies status can be checked from the supplies level indicator. Each toner
cartridge and the Imaging drum level will be indicated by a bar which varies
according to the level of the supplies present.
c) Print the supplies status page from the printer.
* On the printer control panel menu, press Menu .
* Use the (Right Arrow) button
to select Reports, and then press Enter .
* Use the (Right Arrow) button
to select Supplies Status, and then press Enter .
If any of the color toner cartridges and the Imaging drum
have a low supply level replace them with genuine HP print cartridges.
The part numbers of the consumables are as follows:
Not sure why you're going through the yellow toner so quickly. You might try pulling it out and shaking it some to re-distribute or loosen the toner inside.
Yes you can override the cartridge out of toner print halted problem. This is located in your User's manual and is stated as:
Replace Supplies feature
The printer has three options for low or exhausted supplies status:
● STOP AT OUT (the default setting): The printer continues printing while a print cartridge is low.
When the cartridge is out, the printer cannot print.
● STOP AT LOW: The printer pauses until you replace the low cartridge.
● OVERRIDE AT OUT: The printer continues printing even after some supplies have run out.
To set the Replace Supplies feature
1. Press Menu.
2. Press (down arrow) to highlight CONFIGURE DEVICE, and then press (check mark button).
3. Press (down arrow) to highlight SYSTEM SETUP, and then press (check mark button).
4. Press (down arrow) to highlight REPLACE SUPPLIES, and then press (check mark button).
5. Press (down arrow) or (up arrow) to select the appropriate setting, and then press (check mark button) to set the selection.
● If you select OVERRIDE AT OUT and then press (check mark button), a warning message appears. To accept the override, select YES, USE OVERRIDE and press (check mark button), and then set the page limit for the override and press (check mark button).
6. Press Menu to return to the Ready state.
Make sure all cartridge are install and secured into place...(take all the cartridge out and back in ) close front door cover and it will go into cartridge calibration...If not, press the "menu" key and with the arrow go to print quality and confirm with the enter key. Go to calibration and confirm...
Are you using genuine HP toners? If not HP puts a chip on there cartridges that tells the machine it is a new cartridge. Some generic toners do not replace this chip therefor giving you this false message.