Hi people i have a canon pal mv 500, and i live in mesico so i cant plug it on my computer because diferent format. im looking for the software on the canon page but i cant find anything, what i used to do is that i plugged my camera into my ps, and then i copy the video with movie maker o something like that. so now that i have a brand new computer when i plug the camera into my computer it says software cant be found and u know it doesnt recognizes the camera. so what should i do? the service support doesnt help me, and neither does the page!!! please help i have all my new vacations recorded in the camera and cant take them out from the cameraq!!! email@example.com
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It is possible, I've looked into it for my Mamiya 645 Pro and even found a nice used Kodak but bought a Canon IDs Mark II for less money. The backs are hugely priced even used you are looking at $3500.00 or more and if you have a 645E that's way to much money to spend.
It probably isn't anything your friend did. There is a conflict somewhere between your driver for your camera, your software and possibly an update somewhere along the way.
Try these two things to see if the computer is detecting the device and let me know what the results.
1. With your camera turned off plug it into the camera.
2. Make sure that your USB port is a 2.0 if not you may need to by an adapter to give it a little extra "boost"
3. Make sure that the camera is not in capture mode that it is in transfer mode.
4.Now go to "My Computer" pay attention to what is there then turn the camera on.
Has the camera shown up?
(be sure to turn the camera off, right click, safely remove, then unplug)
If that does not work try this -
1.Go to Start- Accessories- Device Manager
Im not sure how it will show up here it just depend on where it was installed originally. So we are going to expand 2 diffrent places.
+Disk Drives, click the plus to expand it
3. Plug in the camera wait a second to let the computer recgonize the device then turn it on.
Has anything changed on your screen?