Question about OKI C5150n Led Printer
My OKI is printing really off and I think it is the alignment. When I print a document there is like a shadow effect going on that is not on the document to be printed. The only documents this does not happen on are black and white word/excel docs, but if I toss a colored word in that document it doesn't print straight (like it will be higher or lower than the black text) but in that case there is no shadow, just not straight lines.
I was told aligning the printer might fix this problem but I have no clue how to go about that. Any help?
(ps I am not sure if this is an led or what....I am completely clueless on most of this stuff)
This sounds like a problem in the computer program that is sending the prints to the printers....especially since it is happening in several of them.
Posted on Jan 23, 2008
Uninstall a Spanish or Portuguese driver and install the English version when Windows XP installs the incorrect language, where either a couple of the tabs are in the wrong language, or everything is incorrect.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE PRINTER MUST BE TURNED OFF DURING THIS PROCEDURE OTHERWISE WINDOWS WILL AUTOMATICALLY INSTALL THE SPANISH OR PORTUGUESE DRIVER AGAIN. DO NOT USE PLUG 'N PLAY FOR DRIVER INSTALLATION.
1. Delete the Driver Icon from the Printers and Faxes Window.
2. Reboot the PC
3. Click on File --> Print Server Properties
5. Click on the Drivers Tab.
6. Highlight the driver being deleted (C5200n shown as a reference below), and click on Remove.
7. Reboot the PC
8. Go back into the Server Properties Drivers Tab (as shown above), and click on the Add... button.
9. On the first screen click on Next.
10. On the Printer Driver Selection Screen, click on Have Disk.
11. Browse to the location of the English driver that is to be installed and click on OK (Note, the C5200n printer is being used as a reference and the driver being installed is from the CD).
12. On the next screen the printer being installed should be highlighted, and click on Next.
13. The next window Will show the version of the driver being installed, DO NOT click on any of the unchecked boxes and just click on Next.
14. Click Finish on the last window.
15. Finally, turn on the printer. Windows XP will automatically find the printer and install the English version of the driver.
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
FROM YOUR USEWR MANUAL>>>>>>>
In colour menu
AJUST REGISTRATION, press EXECUTE
Performs automatic colour registration
adjustment. Normally this is done on power
on and when the top cover is opened and
then closed. This process accurately aligns
the cyan, magenta and yellow images to the
Use oki drums and toners, clean led heads
Posted on Dec 20, 2008
SOURCE: oki c5150 wont print black
First, clean the LED heads with a lint free cloth and isopropyl alcohol (the LED heads are the attachments on the underside of the lid when you open your printer; four of them for each color). Try printing something after doing that. If it's still an issue just with black, try switching the black and magenta drums/toner (keeping them locked together). The drum w/ toner cartridge simply pulls straight up and out, no switches or locks to flip. Then print a page of text; which will output from the printer in magenta. If that looks okay, then it may be an issue with your black drum and needs to be replaced.
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 07, 2009 | OKI C5150n Led Printer
Dec 19, 2008 | OKI C5100n Laser Printer
Apr 08, 2008 | Epson TM U325PD Matrix Label Printer
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!