Does the notebook has a Realtek audio chip? If so in the right under corner of your screen there is an blue icon. This are the properties for your soundcard. There is a option which is called "mute rear audio when a headphone is plugged in into front audio" (it's probably not exactly as I typed but it looks like that)
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most computers will only pair this earpiece as a headset for voice calls. You need to make sure the headset is paired with your device as both a phone headset and media headset. Check your settings on your computer or smartphone to make sure it is paired properly to play media sound.
Try to use external speaker. connect it where you usually connect your head and check if it work . If ever the external speaker will work it only means that the problem is your headset ( defective )If in case the external speaker will not work it means the problem is the terminal ( the port where the headset or external speaker connection )
What do you mean it stopped working? No sound at all?
Please try the following:
1. Please make sure the sound is not set to mute. Try to adjust the sound volume.
2. Reinstall the audio driver. You can do this using the drivers disc that came with the computer or you can download the audio driver from the computer manufacturer's website: http://support.lenovo.com.
3. Try to connect an external speakers or headset. If you can hear sound on an external speakers or headset then the internal speakers of your laptop is already defective.
Steps to be followed:
1. check whether audio driver is installed properly ? if not install audio driver & check 2. check audio setting in control panel & confirm 3. connect external speaker in laptop and check whether sound is coming? if sound is coming then ur laptop internal speaker need replacement 4. if there is no sound in external speaker then need to check ur motherboard or sound card. All the best.
Sounds like you need to go to the manufacturer of your sound card and get the drivers specifically for your sound card and XP.The drivers that you loaded from the other machine are incompatable.Thats what is causing the partial functionality of your sound card.Also make sure you have it configured properly.
It is possible that:
1. You may have recently installed an add-on/external device such as a multimedia keyboard which changed the audio output from internal to external;
2. The laptop's internal speaker might have gone dead (highly unlikely but still a possibility) - try plugging in external speakers or a headset and check;
3. Most if not all laptops uses a female stereo babyphone jack to connect to external speakers. This jack has a built-in switch that cuts off internal speaker if an external is plug in. If you are using eternal or headset from time to time, it is possible that the switch might have locked to external and does not switch back to the internal;
4. You may have a hardware issue specifically the sound card/chipset. This of course would require an inshop repair which may be better off with an authorized service center. At worst is have the entire laptop replace if it is confirmed to be a hardware issue.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Post back how things are or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.