Question about IBM ThinkPad R52 Notebook
I am using IBM R52 model 1860. I want to format the laptop. some 1 told me that i can do the same by using F11 key after restarting it. plz guide me step by step.
If you do not have the drivers for the devices that are installed on your laptop, then download from the IBM/Lenovo WEB site, make sure they are for your model laptop (eg. Video, audio, modem LAN etc.) before you format and reinstall Windows..
Follow these steps.
1. Boot up the laptop and press F12 function key to get a list of boot devices, select the CD drive.
2. Insert your Windows XP CD into the CD drive.
3. Press the space bar to start the bootup from CD
4. During the install process you delete the existing partition/s and create a new partition.
5. The next step is to format the partition - do a NTFS full format not a quick format
6. Follow the instructions to install windows.
7. After Windows completed the installation ,check on which device drivers didn't install and install these drivers.
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad R52 Notebook
May 05, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad R52 Notebook
Feb 23, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad R52 Notebook
Jan 20, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad R52 Notebook
Sep 28, 2010 | IBM ThinkPad R40 2681
Jun 23, 2010 | PC Laptops
Feb 04, 2010 | IBM ThinkPad R52 Notebook
Nov 29, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad R52 Notebook
Mar 19, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad R52 Notebook
Jan 21, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad R52 Notebook
405 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!