Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

WE BLEW 2 OUTLETS IN KITCHEN & COULDNT FIND THE BREAKER THAT BLEW

ALL LIGHTS IN KITCHEN STILL WORKED,MICROWAVE,FRIDGE,RANGE.NOW TODAY THE MICROWAVE AFTER BEING USED JUST QUIT.NO SMOKE,NO BELLS,OR WHISTLES,ITS KINDA OLD,but worked good,we tested a fuse in it was good,now what??please help

Posted by on

  • lmd9669 Feb 05, 2009

    it seems to be good,now what to do?

×

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 11,896 Answers

Remove cover of microwave, find and check the fuse

Posted on Feb 05, 2009

  • Nate Stansfield
    Nate Stansfield Feb 05, 2009

    If your fuse is good, and you still don't have any power what so ever, then there is a fuse or capacitor that is burnt out inside the power supply (the little black box the at is hooked up to the power cord). If this is a type of box that you cannot take apart, then I am afraid you will have to get a new power supply or a new microwave

×

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Hi I have a Samsung SMH9187 micowave that is dead (no display, light, fan, mirowave).


Sounds like the main fuse blew. It's either near where the power cord enters the cabinet, or behind the control panel (if an over the range unit).

You may also have some type of failure in the high voltage circuit; based on your description of the symptoms.

Aug 16, 2014 | Samsung SMH9187ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

On breaker 7 that runs the lights and receptacles in 2 bedrooms, the light in my crawlspace, the light in the attic, two ceiling lights in the kitchen (but no receptacles), and the outlet for the...


1) You must see if the circuit where the microwave is overload, you must use the amperimeter and see how many amperes are reading when all the load in the circuit 7 are running. if is normal about 10amp-12amps the circuit is o.k
2) test the c.breaker can be faulty, since there are NOT tripped.
3) However you must see if the lines for power in that circuit is loose?
4) Tight very well the Neutral +Ground
5) see the diagram attached, and correct if the outlet is wrong.
6) If you are NOT qualified to do this electrical job , call some electrician for to avoid danger to your home or yourself.

God bless you198ace60-27b8-4867-bf57-4b0086ba4f59.jpg5755a5d4-1228-483b-969d-82f0a795cbc3.gif
Of course you must test the microwave magnetron for faulty or short in the magnetron+diode+transformer+capacitor. ISOLATED the microwave first and then troubleshooting the circuit of your home.
God bless you

Nov 01, 2013 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Over range microwave model jvm1650wb008 fan works nothing else does


Check to see if circuit breaker is tripped in the electrical panel, or if it is connected to a ground fault outlet, it may have tripped. Sometimes there is one ground fault outlet serving others in series in the kitchen.

Nov 25, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

The microwave stopped working


Ck your gfci breaker in your wash room or bath room. If this dosn't fix it it may be an internal fuse. If this is the case you will need to find what caused breaker to blow or it will happen again.

Aug 21, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Crackeling and popping then NOTHING!! No Power


Sorry to tell you that your microwave is done for. What they don't tell you when you purchase any over the range model is that sitting over the range, getting bombarded with steam and grease is not a good thing and it shortens the life span of the microwave.

Jun 11, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I pluged the microwave in it was working and when I pushed it back and when I looked at it it waqs not working any moren mdl # is 87449 kenmore counter top microwave


Check the outlet it is plugged into. Remove the microwave plug. If you don't have a voltage meter handly to test the voltage at the outlet or the continuity of the microwave plug, I would suggest you plug in a lamp from your living room into the outlet. If it doesn't work, either the outlet is a tripped (GFIC) Ground Fault Interuption Circuit outlet or the circuit breaker tripped in your electrical panel box or the microwave cord is damaged and caused a short and blew the fuse. To check these I would try plugging the light in and press the red reset button located on the wall outlet or flip tripped circuit breaker in panel. If it's a damaged cord or fuse, you can visit this web site for Sears parts www.searspartsdirect.com If you found any of these suggestions helpful, please rate my solutions. Thanks D. Lange

Apr 23, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Kenmore over the range microwave 721.63684300 - nothing works


you must remove the MW take off the cover then look for a large metal can (capacitor) and a white (ceramic) fuse...look and, smell and, you should find the cause

Apr 02, 2009 | Kenmore 63682 / 63684 / 63689 Microwave...

1 Answer

When new microwave is turned on, the lights in the kitchen dim.


Sounds like your microwave's outlet is on the same circuit with the lights.

High-current devices like microwave ovens should be on their own breaker if possible.

If the dimming is very slight, it may be okay.

If it's considerable, it may be a good idea to run a separate line to the microwave's outlet - especially if it starts blowing your breaker!

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Feb 04, 2009 | Samsung MW5351G Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Frigidaire Micro made an odd noise and now it does not work!


Probably due to a loose screw or clip connection where the wires connect to the outlet's terminals.

These must be tight, especially for high-current loads like microwave ovens.

Loose connections can lead to serious or dangerous overheating.

I would say the reason the microwave made it blow was that the microwave's outlet is probably fed by (daisy-chained with) the outlet that blew.

If so, this is not really a good idea.

A high-current load (microwave, freezer, fridge, etc.) should ideally be on its own breaker / fuse with no other items on the same power line.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 27, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Magic Chef Over the Range, MicroOven, model MCO153UBF


I tried the usual things, then checked the outlet in the cupboard where the unit is plugged in.....It was okay, but then I noticed a separate electrical cable going into the wall at the outlet. I went to the breaker box downstairs, found a breaker marked "Microwave Oven", flicked it off and on and away the microwave oven went....It is now okay. I guess the thermostat had turned everything off when it became too hot....
anyway all okay now....thx Janet

Jul 22, 2008 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

77 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...