- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go to my computer control panel network connections and see if the setup for networking is correct DHCP should work most of the time. Check the device manager and see if your nic is properly recognized. If not you might need to install drivers for the card.
mycomputer - control panel
mycomputer - view system information - hardware - device manager
Also, sign onto your router and see if the router recognizes the computer.
It should tell you how to do this in the routers manual.
The router is designed in such a that it is compatible with all the computers. The best way to get rid of this issue is log into the router interface and change the wireless channel to suit your requirement.
1) To begin with.. Open internet explorer on a computer connected to the router and delete everything from the address bar and type http://192.168.2.1 and hit enter. Now you will be in the Belkin Router setup. It will ask for a login password when you click on anything.. Leave the password field blank and click on submit.
2) Towards the left side under wireless click on "Channel and SSID". Now you see wireless channel change it to different channel and click on "OK / Save". Now check the signal strength in your Acer computer. If its still the same try different channel and check.
Hope this helped.
the router is Linksys and the adapter is belkin. Well both the devices are compatible with each other.
When you tr y to connect to the wireless network , do you see your wireless network ?
What is the operating system on the computer ?
If it is XP and you are using the Belkin utility to connect to the wireless network , then it will be better to switch over to XP utility.
Make sure that you have the correct network key for the wireless network.
If you don't know the network password then you will need to access the router set up.
Click Here for step by step solutions