Lead acid or deep cycle gel batteries are best kept on trickle charge.
Take care of your batteries
How do I get the most life out of my new batteries?
To maximise the life of your batteries, it is best to complete a full charge for the first 1015 times that you use your scooter. This simply means however far you travel, do not just top-up for a short while, but complete the full charge cycle every time. Your batteries will not work at their best until this process has been carried out and will prolong power and performance. You will find the distance your scooter can travel will gradually increase over its first few weeks as your batteries reach optimum efficiency.
When is it best to charge my batteries?
After 10-15 cycles have been completed, a normal charging routine can be adopted
How do I store and maintain my batteries?
- Depending on the capacity of the batteries, the charge time can vary up to a maximum of 16 hours
- The charger will automatically shut down when the batteries are fully charged, so you do not have to worry about switching it off. This is ideal for overnight charging.
- Whenever possible try to avoid interrupting a charge cycle. It is always best to complete a full charge cycle as excessive short term charging is detrimental to battery life.
- For the very best results and to maximise battery life, charge fully before and after use.
- Please refer to charger indicator lights for battery status.
- If your scooter will not be used for a while or is being stored, make sure the batteries are fully charged first.
- If your scooter is not being used, make sure the batteries receive a refresher charge every 14 weeks. Alternatively if you are planning not to use your scooter for over 6 weeks, fully charge your batteries and then disconnect.
- Fully charge the batteries before re-use.
- Never leave the batteries in a discharged state.
- Avoid damp, hot or cold extremes when storing your scooter.
- Batteries are totally sealed and do not require any maintenance apart from charging.
Switch off your scooter and remove key.
Plug charger into scooter charge socket.
Push charger plug into wall socket and switch socket on.
There will be a light sequence on the charger but as all chargers are different, refer to charger instructions.
Most scooters will have an inhibit mode which will shut down all the scooters electrics while the charger is plugged in.
Only use the charger supplied with your scooter.
Do not smoke or use a ***** flame while batteries are being charged.
Do not leave charger plugged into your scooter when the charger is switched off as this may discharge your batteries.
For a complete charge do not switch off, unplug or interrupt the charge cycle until it is complete.
It is worth considering that in extreme cold weather the time your batteries take to charge can increase by up to 20%. The range of your scooter will also vary based on weather conditions. Also when your batteries reach the end of their useful life, you will find that charging time will become much shorter. The amount of charge the batteries can hold will become less and less as will your scooter range until ultimately they become unusable.
Sep 29, 2009 - A: Charge it over night after each time you use the Mobility Scooter using ... Q: If I leave my Mobility Scooter on charge for a day or more, can it ...
E-Bicycle/E-Scooter Sales & Service Retail Facility ... It is best to keep your batteries charged up as much as possible. Just remember that charging time will correspond with how discharged your batteries are, and you will ... Our fixed battery bikes are all equipped with sealed gel lead acid batteries and should not freeze up ...
Power / Electric Wheelchair and Mobility Scooter Battery and Charging Questions ... Wheelchairs and Scooters you can leave the charger plugged in all the time. ... Remember, if storing your chair for longer than a couple of weeks, it's best to ...
That's why it also is a good idea to keep an extra, fully charged battery on hand in ... If you use your mobility scooter every day, get in the habit of charging its ...
SCOOT AND BE SEEN keep your scooter in tip top shape