Went to use it and was completely dead, put in the other fully charged battery and within ten minutes was so hot I could hardly touch it, triger froze and battery melted to drill. I bought it in June and lost the paper work. What can I do now?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: shorted out and melted
You might try and take it back anyway. There is a date code on the batterys and usually the serial number will tell them when it was manufactured. Short of rebuilding it yourself I would try this. Also take back to where you bought it and sometimes they keep records of the sale. If no get me the model number and brand and I will come up with a list of parts.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try the reset for the key switch , hook up battery charger or maintainer to battery then turn key on do not crank engine leave key in on position for ten minutes , repeat a total of three times then turn key switch to off position after third cycle then remove key . Then reinstall key to ignition switch then crank the engine over and see if that fixes your issue .
If light is on charger the charge is fine. You could verify using voltmeter it should put out = to what it says on the back of charger 12-18 volts or so.
Most likely battery is shot after 8 years they just dont' hold a charge anymore and they often will only charge for a few minutes when the chip in the computer tells the charger to shut off due to defective battery.
compare prices of new drills and new batterys sometimes new drill is not much more. Try ebay and harbor freight for ultra low priced batteries.
You have a dead short across that fuse, The end opposite the battery will probably show a ground rather than a resistive load. You are going to have to find that short and fix it. A dead short on a 60 Amp fuse is a heavy load. That fuse is probably preventing a fire or melted harness wires.
At 5 Volts the battery is totally cactus (a fully charged battery should read above 12.6 V) and from the description of hot melting wires appears the battery has a dead short between cells. Try a new battery and check battery terminal voltage before and after connection, with every thing turned off. If terminal voltage drops more than 0.2 V it would indicate excessive current draw by a faulty component. You may have to have the electrical system checked by an auto electrician to determine if there is any other faukts in the system.
I'm not certain what your question is you made a statement more or less.
I do know that alot of cell phones will show that they are fully
charged after minutes of charging, but then very quickly go back down
to almost dead within an hour. This is because the phone is not
actually fully charged. Most batterys need at least an hour minimum to
be fully charged after its drained completely.
Post back if you need any further assistance. Thank you for choosing Fixya!
from what I hear, you have either fully charged your battery or your battery is pretty much completely dead.
1. If it's completely dead and won't hold a charge it's time to purchase another battery, this happens from time to time so don't freak out about it.
2. If it's fully charged, try taking the battery completely out of the phone, and re-inserting it after a few minutes, sometimes cell phones need to be reset.
3. ensure that your charger is working properly, if its not getting juice to it neither is your phone.
4. try to dial your number just to see what happens to the phone.
5. if someone else u know has a charger like yours try to borrow theirs to charge your phone possibly ruling out a bad charger
It sounds like your camera has a dead short in it. Either that or a defective battery.
Do not leave the batery in teh camera it could melt things. Seriously!
Did the camera get wet? If not and the camera is undera year old then Olympus will repair it under warranty.