No picture, no sound, standby button doesn't work normally
All of the sudden, when i turned my PS3 on last night, there was no picture or sound, the machine sounds normal. I got the normal blue and green lights, the eject button works normally, but you can't just hold the standby button for a few seconds because it wont turn off, the only way it works is if you are pressing it for ten seconds. I can't afford to get it repaired, is there anyone who can help me out because I would really appreciate it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like your video settings are wrong. Since you were on the HDMI connection the video was outputting in HD. When you switched over to normal AV (composite) cables the video was still outputting in HD.
Simple fix: power off your PS3 (so it's in standby; red light is showing). Then turn it back on, using the power button on the console (not the PS3 controller) and hold down the power button until it beeps a second time (about 5 seconds). The video settings will reset to composite. If needed, change your video settings.
Normally I'd put down like 3 other things it could be (each worse than the last), but I'm fairly certain that this will fix it. If it doesn't, just say so and I have many a more potential fix available.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
video reset. 1:Turn
the system to off/standby, where only the red light is on. 2:Then
hold your finger on the front power button, it will turn on beep twice then
shut back off, release finger. 3:Then
turn back on normally.
when ps3 is in standby mode(red light) press and hold the power button till you hear a second beep.
standby mode press hold power........"beep"......"beep"..release power button
then try rebuilding the database and the file system in recovery consol
to get to the recovery consol press and hold the power button when ps3 is in standby mode(red light) till you hear a double beep. sometimes the ps3 does a beep then another beep and goes back into standby thsi is fine just release the power and quikly press and hold it again till you get double beep.
like on my 80g system it goes like this
ps3 standby...press hold power.......beep .........beep........stanby again....release and hold power again.......beep .........double beep...release power now you should be in recovery menu.
PS3 is one of the most, amazing gaming device but like other competitor
gaming devices (Xbox and Wii) It also has some problems like No Display
Problme. You may check out the informative blog post at PS3 Repairs blog.
Hello. There are a few causes for this. I will list acouple solutions for you.
1. Reset the Video Output Settings. While the PLAYSTATION 3 system is in standby mode (red light on the front of the system), hold down the touch-sensitive On/Off button on the front of the system until the system goes into standby mode again . (So the light cycle would go from: red light to --> green light --> then back to red light) This will ensure that you have held down the On/Off button long enough to reset the Video Output Settings. Once you turn it back on, it should work fine.
2. If option 1 does not work call Sony because the video out chip has blown or come unsoldered.