No picture, no sound, standby button doesn't work normally
All of the sudden, when i turned my PS3 on last night, there was no picture or sound, the machine sounds normal. I got the normal blue and green lights, the eject button works normally, but you can't just hold the standby button for a few seconds because it wont turn off, the only way it works is if you are pressing it for ten seconds. I can't afford to get it repaired, is there anyone who can help me out because I would really appreciate it.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like your video settings are wrong. Since you were on the HDMI connection the video was outputting in HD. When you switched over to normal AV (composite) cables the video was still outputting in HD.
Simple fix: power off your PS3 (so it's in standby; red light is showing). Then turn it back on, using the power button on the console (not the PS3 controller) and hold down the power button until it beeps a second time (about 5 seconds). The video settings will reset to composite. If needed, change your video settings.
Normally I'd put down like 3 other things it could be (each worse than the last), but I'm fairly certain that this will fix it. If it doesn't, just say so and I have many a more potential fix available.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
video reset. 1:Turn
the system to off/standby, where only the red light is on. 2:Then
hold your finger on the front power button, it will turn on beep twice then
shut back off, release finger. 3:Then
turn back on normally.
Hello. There are a few causes for this. I will list acouple solutions for you.
1. Reset the Video Output Settings. While the PLAYSTATION 3 system is in standby mode (red light on the front of the system), hold down the touch-sensitive On/Off button on the front of the system until the system goes into standby mode again . (So the light cycle would go from: red light to --> green light --> then back to red light) This will ensure that you have held down the On/Off button long enough to reset the Video Output Settings. Once you turn it back on, it should work fine.
2. If option 1 does not work call Sony because the video out chip has blown or come unsoldered.
Last night i set childlock in my nikai ( NTV34010) tv set and tuned off by remote control.Then after some time later i tried to turn on tv but there is no sound and no picture.
will u please help me to solve it out.