- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are 4 reasons for Error 344 to occur when sending or receiving afax.
1. The remote machine failed to respond to a fax command from the local machinebecause the connection was interrupted. These errors can occur if the phonelines in the area to be faxed are old or there is noise (static on the phoneline). Other reasons can include power outages and other power-relatedproblems.
2. The call-waiting service can cause this error. The click, heard for anincoming call, is actually a momentary disconnect of the line.
3. The remote user pressed the Stop key while the reception was in progress.
4. Under rare conditions, incompatibility between the two machines might causethe remote machine to abandon the call.
Solution 1 Try to send a fax at a different time when telephone line conditions haveimproved.
Souliton 2 Try sending at a lower transmission speed.
Keep me posted and thank you for using FixYa! Jas247
Error code344 shows that The remote machine has failed to
respond to a fax command from the
product because the connection was
interrupted.The remote user has pressed the
Stop button while the remote machine
was receiving. Under rare conditions, incompatibility
between the two machines can cause
the remote machine to simply
abandon the call. check here for more information http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00062808#A5