I own a IBM ThinkPad T41 with the stuck out 9 Cell Battery.
I use my laptop at the desk mostly, and have it on the charger. Will the AC Adapter Over charge my battery? I sometimes unplug it from the laptop when I have it at the desktop but just wanted to know if it stops charging the Battery at 100% or if it Over Charges it. My battery when off the charger running on the battery don't seem to last long, maybe a 1-1/2Hr it lasts.
lenovo said they still make the batterys for my model but I rather keep mine due to the price of the batteries for a laptop $99
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most computers have a 'keep-alive' coin-cell battery on the motherboard that provides a DC voltage to keep the bios memory contents preserved when the computer is turned off. After a couple of years, the batteries need to be replaced with new ones. Look online for the service manual for your Thinkpad or look up 'Thinkpad 380ED bios battery replacement' on your favorite search engine to see if you want to tackle the process yourself.
How to try to extend the battery life are much concerned by many laptop users. Utilizing some small skills and minimize unnecessary waste of battery during the using process can make you full use of your laptop battery power. The engineers of IBM personal computer business division give vast laptop users some good suggestions here to ensure that you can maximum extend laptop battery utility time. Therefore, it will improve your work efficiency; let you enjoy mobile office work and entertainment pleasure without limits. IBM batteries on sale : IBM thinkpad t40 Battery £ 37.52 ibm thinkpad t41 battery US $ 41.24 ibm thinkpad r60 battery. US $ 71.27 IBM ThinkPad T60 Battery£ 38.51
* Turn down the brightness of the screen. At the same time, although IBM ThinkPad laptop keyboard is equipped with lights, ThinkLight, but in order to save power, it is better to turn on it when under darkness conditions.
* When not using the wireless receiver device, turn it off please. * Some users like opening CD or DVD to play music anytime, the power of battery will flow away quietly along with the music playing. Suggest everybody turn on the music only under the situation that they do want to enjoy the music. * When the battery during using process, try to fully charge and discharge the battery. * Try to avoid using it under high temperature and low temperature, for example, when you enjoy sunshine on the beach, please don’t leave your laptop in the car to enjoy SAUNA. * Use proper AC adapter for your ThinkPad laptop. * Use the IBM ThinkPad battery Battery MaxiMiser management software you select the most suitable for the extension of the power program. * Use the IBM ThinkPad battery management software – Battery MaxiMiser, select the power extension program which suitable for you. * Setup the standby time of monitor, hard disk and system sleep time, because it is no need to let your laptop still running at full load when you are at non-working stage. * Under the Intel SpeedStep technology effect situation, the processor based on the current load situation adjusts the speed automatically to save battery power overall. In fact, the laptop battery is a spiritual guy, after got expert advices, please treat it properly, it will bring you to enjoy a better mobile life. battery info via: http://www.sales-battery.com http://www.global-battery.co.uk
go to : Canada battery on-line shop,sell Laptop battery, Digital Camera Battery (DC ...... Welcome to buy ThinkPad T42, replacement laptop battery for IBM ThinkPad... https://www.linkme.com.au/groups/public
TRY AND REMOVE YOUR RAM AFTER THAT RESET THE MACHINE BY REMOVING THE SYSTEM BATTERY AND SHORT CIRCUITING THE BATTERY CONTACTS FOR 30 SECONDS MAKESURE THAT YOU'VE TAKING LAPTOP BATTERY OFF FROM THE MACHINE AFTER THAT PUT BACK THE RAM THE TRY TO SWITCH IT ON AGAIN
It is unlikely to be the cmos battery as there are signs [music] that your laptop is booting - shine a light into the screen if you can see an image but it is very dark then it is likely that the screen backlight is not working. If this is the case the most likely causes are a faulty inverter or a faulty screen cable - both can be obtained as a kit quite cheaply on ebay if you have the ability to fit them.