Question about Canon i80 InkJet Printer
One of our machines keeps saying ink low replace colour cartridge but we only ever print in black?... Why do we need a colour ink cartridge and do we have to install a new one. Will it work without the colour ink....
Yes you have to have ink in all of them. No, accordign to Canon it wil not work without them.
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I am sorry, however this error is no related to print head. So, why did you replace print head?
This error means "Ink Detection Waste Ink Tank Full"
You need to replace the ink pad and reset the eeprom counter to 0.
You could try to reset it :-
1. Printer ‘on.’
2. Press: “Additional Functions” button
Press “Scan” button
Press “Copy” button
Press “Scan” button
3. Now it says, “Service Mode / #1 SSSW.
4. Keep hitting “+” [which is the right arrow]; it will go through #1 to #11 (Date/Time), then “Service Report,” and, lastly, “Test Mode.” Then hit “Set.”
5. Now you will have another set of selections. Keep hitting “+” [the right arrow] to go from #1(DRAM) to #8 (Printer Test). Then hit “Set.”
6. When it finishes some sort of function, “Please Wait” will be replaced by “-8-2+” Then hit “+” and it should then say “-8-3+” and you hit “Set.”
7. The screen should now say “EEPROM Clear.” [You may need to press “Set” then, to get to the next step? My notes aren’t clear.]
8. Option 0 should be “select ink count.” Press “Set.”
9. Press the “Stop/Reset” button.
10. Press the “On/Off” button.
11. Wait for the printer to restart.
You could have the complete service manual from :-
You need to have acrobat reader to view the file.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Sep 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 02, 2012 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 09, 2008 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
May 11, 2011 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 07, 2010 | Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/...
Feb 14, 2010 | HP PSC 950 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 01, 2010 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 02, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX3200 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 19, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 24, 2006 | Epson Stylus C88 InkJet Photo Printer
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: