Before installing a new color cartridge I was printing a project in brown.
After the installation it is printing purple. I tried changing the doc color back to black which it did. Then changed it to brown, and it still prints purple. I reinstalled several times. I know the cartridge is in properly. I can't find my manual. What can I do.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your Cannon printer is not the problem. You will get different print color depending on the paper you are using, For example you will get different print result if you print on color paper than on white paper and a different print if you print on photo paper. Another alternative is to lighten the tone of your purple. I don't know what your objective is and what project you're working on but I hope this might help.
A technique to improve print quality is to try and clean the cartridge nozzles. You may clean the cartridge by following the steps given below:
1. Go to the "Lexmark solution center." This can be done by clicking on "Start," go to "Programs" and Lexmark printer group. Click on the "Lexmark Solution center." Next click on the "Maintenance" Tab.
2. Select "Clean and Fix Horizontal streaks." Click on "Print". This will produce a printed page.
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean Print Nozzle" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Please open the "Solution center" again and go to the "Maintenance" Tab.
2. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge or cartridges from the printer.
3. Get a damp paper towel.
4. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds.
5. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean.
6. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing.
7. Snap the cartridges back into the printer.
8. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge install."
9. Repeat the "Clean Nozzle Page" one more time. If this fails to address the problem the entire procedure may need repeating.
You are running low on your color ink cartridge. It cannot mix the primary colors right anymore and the color images start getting a pink-purple tinge to them. Get a new set of cartidges and install them and this should fix the problem fine. Hope this helps.
Are the ink cartridges refilled or compatible? They may be defective. Are they installed correctly (not in the wrong slots)? ** Note that even if they are replaced it will take SEVERAL pages before the quality returns
Here is the page to download drivers for your printer. Just click on the link for the appropriate operating system you need: http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:525:0:0&emeaframe=&target=http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi&target=http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi&&req=:::::
As far as why is it printing purple it could be several reasons but some common ones are; you?ve run out of a particular ink color, one of your ink jets could be clogged or damaged, your cartridge was refilled wrong and on occasionally a software driver gets messed up.
Reinstall your printer, do a test and if it still prints purple try running your printers nozzle cleaning utility. If that fails post another questions and give us some history, how long has it been since you?ve printed, are you using new Lexmark or refilled cartridges and any other pertinent information.