- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Replace Scan head mechanism(while scanning or copying there is a part called scan head moves right to left with light fails to move due to mechanism breakage). For reaching this unit you need to remove flat bed glass. Pl see the snap shot for observation, its easily available in leading spares vendors in India.SCAN HEAD:
When I press the scanner button the top power button starts blinking but the machine does not scan. I have not used the scanning function on this machine before. Please help...you may need to reinstall your..
you can scan from the computer using hp solution center.look for it's icon on the desktop or on the laptop.double-click on that and it will give you scan options.you scan photos or documents using that program.
if you installed the software cd that came with the printer then you should be able to use solution center
Here are the steps to scan documents to your computer
1. Turn on your computer, wait for it to boot up, then turn on your printer.
2. Locate the " HP Photo and Imaging Director " icon on your computer and double click it.
This icon was placed there when you installed your printer.
3. After double clicking on the icon, a menu screen will appear showing the scanning options
available on your C3180 printer.
4. Place your document or picture on the printer's glass top and close the lid.
5. Click on the appropriate selection from the menu screen ( Scan Document or Scan Picture )
6. The scanning process will now take place. The scanner will make two passes. The first pass
will allow you to judge the accuracy of the scan and to make changes, if necessary, from your.
monitor. The second pass is the acceptance of the document/picture to the computer.
7. Scanned documents can be viewed in the " My Documents " folder, scanned pictures can be
viewed in the HP Photo Gallery and the My Pictures folder.
1. Turn on your computer, wait for it to boot up, then turn on the printer.
2 Double click the "HP Photo Imaging Director" icon on your desktop ( placed there when your
printer was installed on your computer ). A menu screen will appear showing the scanning
options of the printer.
3 Place your document or photo on the printer's glass top and close the lid.
4 From the menu screen, click on " Scan Picture " or " Scan Document "
When "Scan Document" is selected, a secondary screen will appear from which you will have to
make choices. After making your decisions, click "Scan" from the listed screen.
When "Scan Picture" is selected, one scanning pass will be performed, another pass will be
made after you view the result of the first pass.
Scanned pictures will go to the HP Photo Gallery and your "My Picture" folder.
Scanned documents will go to your "My Documents" folder.
Good Luck with your scanning operations!!
HI As soon as the printer prints the test page or alignment page place it
on the scanner glass (Place the printed side down) before that Examine
the scanner glass and white scan backing. Clean the scanner glass and
scan backing if they are not clean. To clean the scanner glass and scan
backing, use a soft cloth towel slightly dampened with clean water.
After That press scan on the printer button panel it will resolve your issue.
Try to double check it by turning it off and turning the printer back
on after 2 minute's. If still the problem exists call HP Total Care 800
- 474 - 6836 if you are from US/Canada.
) Lift the lid of the product.
2) Place the top of alignment page face down in the right front corner of the glass.
3) Place the alignment page face down
4) Close the lid.
5) Press the Start Scan button.
6) The Power button light will blink during the alignment process.
7) After the Power button light stops blinking, alignment is complete.