An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: my DVD R-WR is not reading the DVDs inserted in it.
First check the device manager to see if the drive is listed or has a yellow !. See if any error code is listed, ie. error code 39. If it does then it is a driver problem. Try reinstalling the driver/software package that came with your dvd drive. If none of these are present then try using a good quality dvd cleaner in the drive. After cleaning use a known good dvd to see if the drive is working. If all these fail then try uninstalling the drive using the remove hardware function from the control panel. After it is uninstalled reboot the computer & see if the drive automatically reinstalls. Hope this helps & please remember to rate my answer. Thanks.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It's time to spend $40 to buy a replacement CD/DVD-writer. There's no way to "fix" your "half-gassed" DVD-drive. A technician would charge at least $25 to _look_ at your computer. Instead, "invest" the $25 in a replacement.
Assuming you have a DVD writer installed and functioning in your computer, check the format of your dvds. If you have a writer that uses dvd-rw it may not recognize dvd+r discs. Your label on the dvd package should have the disc format and your documentation for the writer should say what formats will work in the writer.
we may need more details but you can try this for now
1. are you sure you have a cd writer or a dvd writer (writer = burner)--- check the front edge of your cd/dvd unit and look for words like "writer" "burner" or writeable next to the word dvd or compact disc... keep in mind not all cd/dvd writer can write (burn) cd or dvds, some may burn cd but not dvds.
2. is your cd/dvd unit compatible with the media (cd or dvd blank disk) you are trying to use.. depending your cd/dvd especifications your dvd/cd drive is compatible with certain types of cd or dvds that are writeable.
3. is the cd/dvd a writeable cd/dvd and is compatible with your cd/dvd drive? for instance.. if you are using a blank dvd and your cd/dvd drive only burn cd/s and read dvd and cd you won't be able to write to the blank dvd.
4. are you trying to burn a dvd in a corporate computer.?? as a user (not an administrator) of your corporate computer you may not have priviledges that will allow them to burn dvd/cd's even you your drive and your media are compatible.
the error that you get
the brand and model of the computer you're using
the type of media you're using
if you have tried different dvd-r and dvd-rw discs, unfortunately it's a sign that your writer is failing to read the discs correctly, this normally happens when the writer is about to give up, although it may still write and read cd's but not dvd's