Question about MSI KM4M-V Motherboard
I have an MSI KM4M-V KM266-8237 motherboard with an 2Ghz AMD Sempron, 1 gig of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce 5500 OC 256MB AGP 4X video card. Sound, LAN, etc. are onboard. I'm trying to install Windows 7 and every time the computer loads Windows off of the installation DVD, it gives me an error before ever getting to a GUI. The error says "classpnp.sys" cannot be found or loaded.
In searching, I've found that this might be due to the BIOS settings that the NVIDIA installation guide recommends, specifically a setting that recommends turning OFF a PnP aware OS and how this might conflict with IRQ setting. However, I never found that setting in the Phoenix BIOS so I never changed it. I'm running version "6.00PG" dated 7/28/2004 and haven't found any BIOS updates via the MSI Live Update utility.
Am I on the right path or way off in trying to get Windows 7 installed?
Id say with those specs Id be sticking to XP mate , win 7 like vista munches resources and without them it can be a pain
it maybe time to shout your self an upgrade , plenty of bargains at the moment.
hope this helped
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 28, 2012 | MSI Ms-7142 K8mm-v Motherboard Via K8m800...
• HyperTransport 1.0 supporting speed up to 1000MT/s
• NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
• Supports Dual Channel DDR2 667/800
- 2 DDR2 DIMMs (240pin / 1.8V)
- Supports a maximum memory size up to 8GB.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x16 slot.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x1 slot.
• Two PCI slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface).
• One IDE port by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation mode
- Can connect up to two IDE devices
• Two SATA II ports by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s
- SATA II 1~2 supports RAID 0, 1 mode by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
May 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 25, 2011 | Biostar MCP6P M2+ NVIDIA GeForce 6150...
Jan 07, 2011 | MSI 880GME41 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX...
Dec 31, 2009 | ASUS M3N78-VM nVidia GeForce 8200 AM2+/AM2...
Jun 22, 2008 | MSI KM4M-L Motherboard
Apr 12, 2008 | MSI KM4M-L Motherboard
956 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!