Question about Sub-Zero 650/SRH Stainless Steel
We've vacuumed the condenser a number of times and the temperature is stuck at 53 degrees - freezer seems fine except for a fussy door seal.
Hi There I Have a Digital Video Creator DM-4200 Video Capturewhen i was moving my cds got cracked along all others how can i get software back for a back up..
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2013 | Orange P624SPA Patriot 66/SubZero/Sub...
b)The tube or thermostat is frozen, most likely because someone left the door open or the seal is poor;
c) termostat defective-untube video explained how to test circuit;
4. CONDENSER ISSUES: the condenser coolant gas is low and can be easily recharged- see the u tube how to video;
5. Condenser is dirty and cannot breathe- vacuum it;
6. The condenser overheated and needs replacing . 4-6 will have the condenser blowing cool not warm air.
I have had this problem with the fridge portion of my SUBZERO bottom freezer and Subzero (and a repair person ) gave me some good advice, which should also apply to yours, but you might want to call them yourself:
1. Simplest fix- if the defrost tube is blocked or frozen, the defrost cycle will stick on preventing cooling (either freezing up or heating for the defrost cycle not cooling); Some subzero models are especially prone to this. I could see part of my tube inside the fridge on the back wall close to the bottom where it drains and removed the panels to expose and clean it;
2. You should pull it out and unplug it to get it to defrost fully. After doing that once, I made sure my fridge was on a separate circuit or switched!! Yours might not be the same, but on mine the tubes run through the fridge to get to the freezer so both parts have to defrost;
3. Subzero fridge and freezer each have their own independent condensers, so you might be hearing the condenser for the fridge running, even though one part is turned off.
4. Check the thermostat to see if it is working. There is a good u tube video on this.
5 Some of the u tube videos show how to "recharge" the Freon. Subzero told me these are sealed units and could not be done, so regardless of the problem, the condenser had to be replaced. The subzero repair person was really helpful + checked the Freon or gas level (Mine was old enough that it was Freon not the newer environmental stuff) so they would have to haul it away to drain and recharge it + then the condenser might still have to be replaced.
Jan 15, 2011 | Sub-Zero 690 Side by Side Refrigerator
Aug 22, 2009 | Sub-Zero 650 / O Bottom Freezer...
May 14, 2009 | Sub-Zero 650 / O Bottom Freezer...
Apr 04, 2009 | Sub-Zero 650/SRH Stainless Steel
Jan 29, 2009 | Sub-Zero Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Dec 26, 2008 | Sub-Zero 650 / O Bottom Freezer...
824 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!