Question about HP Photosmart C6100 All-In-One Printer
My printer registers the new black hp ink cartrige i replaced it with, but just doesnt print with it. i even cleaned the printer heads, and also did a test and didnt print with the black. saw the levels on the printer, and saw that all including the black were full. why is it not registring the black? why wont it print with the black ink if it knows its there?
you first verify activate a CLEAN PRINTHEAD routine from the TOOLS/MAINTENANCE
menu to see if you can blow ink thru the PRINTHEAD nozzle plate. You many need to
place a damp cloth under the printhead to help 'wet' the nozzle plate in an
effort to remove residual black ink buildup...you can find some youtube videos
on how to do this. For additional HP02
support information, please visit our HP02 system support page which includes
videos of everything mentioned below: http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=1372
Verify the permanent built-in PRINTHEADs electrical performance inside this legacy printer model by running the TAP 43 diagnostic test (either one of the procedures below applies to all printers which use HP02 or HP363 ink cartridges): For additional HP02 support information, please visit our HP02 system support page which includes videos of everything mentioned below: http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=1372
A. HP02 ink-series printers with KEYPAD (i.e. keypad numbers 1-9)
Tap 43 PRINTHEAD Health Diagnostics:
Video Procedure: http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=2391
1. Press * and # keys simultaneously.
2. "Enter Special Key Combo" will be displayed.
3. Press 123 to display the 'Support/Service' menu.
4. At 'Support/Service' menu, click the Right Arrow 3 times until Special Reports menu is displayed.
5. Select Ok, then click Right Arrow 2 times until the 'print-mech button tap' menu is displayed.
6. Select Ok ('code = 0' will be displayed); click and hold Right Arrow until 'code = 43' is displayed. Use the Left Arrow if you need to decrease numerical count.
7. Select Ok. The test page prints.
8. Check the 4th line at the top of the printed report; an electrically good/stable PRINTHEAD 'Pen Status' will state "Pen Status: Pen OK".........if any other message is displayed then the PRINTHEAD may have failed and may need to be replaced (if part is still available). It is suggested to perform the 'Printer Reset' procedure below to first rule out printer firmware related problem.
B. HP02 ink-series printer models that DO NOT HAVE a KEYPAD:
Internal Test Print:
1. Press the Menu button, press the Right Arrow button to select 'Tools', and then press 'OK'.
2. Press the Right Arrow button several times to select 'Print Test Page', and then press 'OK'. The test page prints.
Tap 43 PRINTHEAD Health Diagnostics - See Video Procedure: http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=2377
1. Turn ON the printer.
2. Press and Hold the "Print Photos" & "Red Eye Removal" buttons.
3. Release both buttons.
4. You will see a new screen that says, "Enter Special Key Combo"... The Key combo is: press and release in sequence the "Red Eye Removal", "Print Photos", and then "Red Eye Removal"
5. Scroll through the menu by pressing the right arrow button until the display says 'Special Reports'.
6. Select Ok, then press the arrow button until the 'print-mech button tap' menu is displayed.
7. Select Ok ('code = 0' will be displayed); click and hold Right Arrow until 'code = 43' is displayed.
8. Select Ok. The test page prints.
9. Check the 4th line at the top of the printed report; an electrically good/stable PRINTHEAD 'Pen Status' will state "Pen Status: Pen OK".........if any other message is displayed then the PRINTHEAD may have failed (unfortunately the PRINTHEAD is not replaceable). It is suggested to perform the 'Printer Reset' procedure below to first rule out printer firmware related problem.
For additional and advanced HP printer diagnostics, please visit: http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=1813
To help solve other HP02 ink-series printer/printing related issues please visit http://www.inkjet411.com
Posted on Jul 26, 2013
Hello sir; did you remove the tape sealed on the black cartridge, make sure your cartridge is OEM not GENERIC.
Posted on Mar 17, 2009
Either the print head for black is faulty, or the wiring to the black print head on carriage are broken. Try also cleaning the metal sensor to the black cartridge inside the ink carriage.
Posted on Apr 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2014 | HP PhotoSmart Printers & Copiers
Mar 21, 2013 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 14, 2009 | HP Officejet J5780 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 15, 2009 | HP DeskJet 842c InkJet Printer
Nov 04, 2008 | HP Business Inkjet 1000 - Printer - colour...
Jul 07, 2008 | HP DeskJet 940c InkJet Printer
May 19, 2008 | HP PhotoSmart C4180 All-in-One Color...
Nov 06, 2007 | Printers & Copiers
Sep 04, 2007 | HP OfficeJet Pro k550 Printer
426 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: