Question about Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
My router says only the master computer is ''wired'' but my other computer is not "wired" what should i do?
How many computers are you using?
Are they all wired or wireless ?
1. Your modem should be connected to the wired port of the router
2.Your computers should be connected from the the other blue ports on the back of the router
3. Now open up the set up page by typing in 192.168.2.1
4. on the top right hand corner you"ll see your status connected or no connection
5. if status is no connection
6. click on restore factory default and let it reboot
7. now comes one more important question what is the version no of the router
8. it is a 4 digit no like 1000,2000.......7000
9. If ver is 7000 then definately go to the site www.belkin.com/support and download firmware version 9.01.10 for ver 7000 or similar
10. On your router setup page select firmware update and load the file
10.Should resolve your issue specially if your isp connection is cable like comcast etc
11. then reconfigure by using connection type
clonig mac address if cable or entering u/name password if dsl
12. also change the channell to 11 as that gives the best reception wirelessly
Should fix the problem definitely but it could have been easier if i knew your exact version no, modem isp,(cable or dsl) , type of computers (wired or wireless) etc . Make of computers (mac or windows) .You can even access other computers wirelessly but you have to connect to your network on the wireless computer.
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 09, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 17, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Dec 26, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Nov 19, 2009 | Linksys (WRT54GC) Router
Nov 05, 2009 | Belkin Routers
Oct 26, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Sep 14, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: