- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The white screen and nothing else usually indicates a failure of the filter capacitors in the power supply board. When these capacitors go out the voltages are not correct so the TV can not power up right. You can rebuild the power board by replacing the bad capacitors and this should bring the TV back to life. Here is a link to a repair guide for this power supply board. http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php/repairing-a-polaroid-tla-01911c-with-a-bad-power-supply/
1) Take the foot off the stand and with a long philips screwdriver remove the single screw that is at the top of the leg (inside leg). Then with the tv facing down lift straight up on the leg.
2) remove the two screws comming from the back of the tv along the bottom edge.
3) With the tv face down on a soft surface ( towel, bedspread, ect).
4) Be carefull with this step it this tv gave me some difficulty and I am experianced with this proceedure. Too much pressure or forcing it too hard will break your case. The back of the tv has a lip which inserts into the face.The face has tabs that lock into slots in the lip of the back. Carefully pry between the face and back pannel (I used my thumbnail and a 1" plastic putty knife.) and slide along the seam until the locking tabs pop loose. Continue sliding your instrument along the seam until all tabs are loose.
5) The back of the tv lifts off of the face leaving all electronics in the face of the tv.
That gets you into the tv. what you do from there is up to you, Good luck;)