I am trying to format the system ... i am not able to go to the bios setting even tough i have inserted the installation CD. The exceptional think which we are having is we have the CD drive which is connected through USB
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To format you will need:
Operating Systems (OS) CD/DVD
1) Enter the BIOS when the laptop boots by pressing the Delete key repeatedly.
2) Once the BIOS is open locate the boot disk priority and set prioity 1 to the CD/DVD drive, set priority 2 to the laptop's hard drive.
3) Save changes to the BIOS and exit. The system should now reboot.
4) Insert your OS CD/DVD.
5) Press Enter when the system asks you if you want to boot from the CD/DVD.
6) The OS setup should now start, the first thing it will ask you to do is format your hard drive.
7) After you drive is formatted you can either continue with the setup and install a fresh copy of the OS or you can exit leaving the main drive clean.
1 first insert the windows cd in cd/dvd rom
2 chek in the bios if the first boot device is the cd/dvd rom
3 vhen it boots it will say press any key to boot from cd
4 after loading all the data you must format drive C
5 after formating it will restart instaling windows you must insert the windows cd key
First of all does the cd boot into the xp installer. If not the the setting in the Bios would be to boot from HardDisk first. Get into bios by the appropriate key on boot and change the boot order to cd/dvd first and then hdd. Now save settings and restart the system and the xp cd should boot up and you will be able to install xp. Be careful as you may delete all data on the hdd.
Some bios use the del or f2 key to enter, see press __ to enter setting's or bios.In that goto the boot order and change appropriately. If xp is already installed then if other drives are not acessing saying not formatted then the easy fix would be to right click on non formatted drive and click on format. Then you will be able to access it. Do same for all other drives.
Please remove the CMOS Battery from the Motherboard for 10-15 seconds and re-insert it.After that system BIOS will without password and default setting .configure system BIOS according to your requirement.
ok first u have press the delete or F2 and go to the BIOS setting and sellect the first bootable device CD rom after save and exit.. after that u insert the cd of win xp. and install the win xp... if any problem cont me...
Power on passwords are tough, but if you can get into the BIOS and set or make sure that your CD/DVD ROM drive is set before your IDE hard drive then you should be able to boot from a Windows installation CD, format the hard drive, and preform a clean install and start fresh. Otherwise personally I know of no way of hacking/recovering a Power on password, I don't even think removing the BIOS battery will do it as I believe it's stored in non volatile memory. But if not, removing the BIOS battery would be a last resort. Good Luck though.