Question about HP PhotoSmart C4480 All-in-One Printer InkJet
My HP4180 has recently started to give an error message saying "Out of memory Save or close any open files or applications" whenever I try to print a spreadsheet out of Microsoft Works 8. Word documents print perfectly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software several times but to no avail. The document in question prints perfectly on my other (Epson) printer. Any clues for a solution??? Whenever I try to print a spreadsheet I get a message; "Out of memory. Save or close any open files or applications" - after I close the spreadsheet I get a message: "the document and printer setting do not match. Continue anyway. Continue anyway? The page and size & orientation settings for your printer do not match the page settings in your document". I have a new HP C4480 Photosmart printer - have gone through one set of fixes from HP but no help. They dealt more with more than one user which do not apply in my case. Deleting HP things from the MSCONFIG did not change anything.
The problem isn't your printer. The problem is with your Microsoft Works software. I know of six solutions that may work.
1) Download the latest service pack for .NET Framework 1.1. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A8F5654F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38&displaylang=en
2) Go to this website and download the update. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=65f5b806-e6a1-4f92-a656-e56eeda67e3d&displaylang=en
3) Uninstall printer completely (again). Unplug the printer from the computer. Reboot computer. Download the lastest driver from HP website. When installing the driver software, choose (type)a different directory,( ie. C:\MYHP\HP4180\ ). Plug Printer back to computer.
4) Go to this website. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841220
5) Click START, click RUN, type SPOOL. Double click printer folder, clear (delete) any files in this folder.
6) Download the latest version of Microsoft Works 9.0.
Let me know if this works.
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 18, 2011 | Lexmark X4650 InkJet Printer
Jun 16, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
Jun 02, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 28, 2011 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Aug 30, 2010 | HP Printers & Copiers
Feb 22, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX5400 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 01, 2007 | Lexmark X2250 All-In-One InkJet Printer
1,268 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: