Question about HP PhotoSmart C4480 All-in-One Printer InkJet
My HP4180 has recently started to give an error message saying "Out of memory Save or close any open files or applications" whenever I try to print a spreadsheet out of Microsoft Works 8. Word documents print perfectly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software several times but to no avail. The document in question prints perfectly on my other (Epson) printer. Any clues for a solution??? Whenever I try to print a spreadsheet I get a message; "Out of memory. Save or close any open files or applications" - after I close the spreadsheet I get a message: "the document and printer setting do not match. Continue anyway. Continue anyway? The page and size & orientation settings for your printer do not match the page settings in your document". I have a new HP C4480 Photosmart printer - have gone through one set of fixes from HP but no help. They dealt more with more than one user which do not apply in my case. Deleting HP things from the MSCONFIG did not change anything.
The problem isn't your printer. The problem is with your Microsoft Works software. I know of six solutions that may work.
1) Download the latest service pack for .NET Framework 1.1. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A8F5654F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38&displaylang=en
2) Go to this website and download the update. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=65f5b806-e6a1-4f92-a656-e56eeda67e3d&displaylang=en
3) Uninstall printer completely (again). Unplug the printer from the computer. Reboot computer. Download the lastest driver from HP website. When installing the driver software, choose (type)a different directory,( ie. C:\MYHP\HP4180\ ). Plug Printer back to computer.
4) Go to this website. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841220
5) Click START, click RUN, type SPOOL. Double click printer folder, clear (delete) any files in this folder.
6) Download the latest version of Microsoft Works 9.0.
Let me know if this works.
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2017 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 09, 2017 | Brother MFC-7420 Printer
Feb 26, 2015 | Seiko Smart Label 420 Thermal Printer
Feb 01, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 07, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MP230 Multifunction color...
Oct 02, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 09, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 20, 2012 | Brother Mfc-9840cdw All-in-one Laser...
Jan 05, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 20, 2007 | Office Equipment & Supplies
1,269 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: