Question about GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by Side Refrigerator
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2016 | Samsung Refrigerators
Dec 25, 2015 | Samsung RH29H9000SR RH29H9000SR 29 cu. ft....
Before going to buy any parts
Go through this troubleshooting help links.
This is list of refrigerator problems,
which is normally faced in refrigerator.
You can go through the details, by clicking the link below:---
Refrigerator is not cooling properly?
Both refrigerator and freezer not cooling properly in refrigerator?
The ice maker not working: ---
Compressor not running on refrigerator?
Water dispenser not working on refrigerator?
other ice maker related issues and solutions:---
These will help.
Dec 21, 2012 | LG LFX25976ST - 3-Door French Door...
Ice bin must be locked in place for proper ice dispensing. If necessary, turn auger driver behind ice bin counterclockwise to properly align ice bin with auger driver.
• Press the switch ON to activate ice maker. Slide bin into guide rails located on either side of the enclosure. Push the ice bin in until resistance is felt. Raise the front slightly and push the ice bin completely in. An audible "click" is heard when the ice bin is located correctly.
• After freezer section reaches between 0° to 2° F (-18° to -17° C), ice maker fills with water and begins operating. You will have a complete harvest of ice
approximately every hour.
• Allow approximately 3 to 6 hours after installation to receive first harvest of ice.
• Discard ice created within the first 12 hours of operation to verify system is flushed of impurities.
• Stop ice production by pressing the ON/OFF switch located on the front of the ice maker.
• The first one or two batches will probably contain undersized and irregular cubes because of air in the supply line.
• When the ice cubes are ejected it is normal for several cubes to be joined together at the ends. They can easily be broken apart. The ice maker will
continue to make ice until the supply of ice cubes raises the ice maker arm, shutting the ice maker off.
• Certain sounds may accompany the various cycles of the ice maker. The motor may have a slight hum, the cubes will rattle as they fall into an empty storage bin and the water valve may click or "buzz" occasionally.
Jun 01, 2011 | Maytag MFI2568AES Stainless Steel Bottom...
Ice maker stopped making
ice. For this problem you have check few things. First thing, is the water
filling in the ice maker chamber and then ice maker not making ice? Or, the
water is not filling in the ice maker chamber so it's not making ice. If the
water is not filling in the ice maker chamber then it's clear that ice is not
getting made due to no water in the chamber. For no water filling, the problem
is either water supply valve turned off so water is not filling. Turn on the
water supply and it will fill. But if the water supply is turned on then the
other possibility is ice blockage in the water fill tube. There is a tube from
which the water runs and enters the ice maker chamber. If this tube is blocked
then water will not enter the chamber. The tube needs to be defrosted, by using
hair dryer. This procedure melts the ice collected in
the tube and water starts running again. But if water fill
tube is completely clear and no ice blockage or any other blockage. Then other
possibility is water valve at the back of ice maker unit. This water valve is
for letting the water in the ice maker. The water valve open only for
7 seconds and in this time the water fills in the ice maker chamber and then
water valve closes and the same procedure runs again in the next
water filling cycle.------- For your information I will mention that there are
two valves. One is the main valve the back of the fridge section. This main
valve lets the water enter the refrigerator and other valve is at the back
of ice-maker section. This other valve lets the water to enter the
ice maker. In most of the cases the fault is water valve at the back of ice
maker section. ------------- The other above possibilities which I gave you is
water not filling in ice-maker chamber so it's not making ice. But
now consider that water is filling in ice maker chamber but it's
still not making ice. Then the problem is ice maker unit itself. This unit is
controlled by main board. But in most cases if water is filling the ice maker
but it's not making ice then its faulty ice maker unit. So see if the problem
is water not entering the ice maker then the water fill tube is frosted by ice
or the water valve at the back of ice maker is faulty. Replace the valve.
------------But if ice is getting made in the ice tray,but the ice is not ejecting out then there is blockage to the ice ejecting blade.May be some ice is got stuck below inside.Clear all ice frost collected under the ice chamber.And then see.---------------
You can get required
parts from sears part direct online site or from repairclinic.com site.
This will help. Thanks. Helpmech.
Feb 21, 2011 | GE Refrigerators
May 28, 2010 | Roper RS22AQXKQ Side by Side Refrigerator
Jul 23, 2009 | GE Refrigerators
Jan 07, 2009 | Hotpoint HSS25GFP Side by Side...
May 15, 2008 | Amana Refrigerators
Dec 27, 2015 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: