Question about Zanussi ZWF1440 Front Load Washer
Hi, my wife found the zwf1440W stopped with E10 message. She checked filter - not bad so cleaned & reassembled - still wouldn't work. But on leaving emergency hose open as permanent gravity drain (to bowl), I am told the machine would spin (but it won't now).
We get one click when we start drain (or indeed any) programme - which runs for maybe 30 seconds (with no pumping), then 2 clicks as programme stops.
I have now:
- Checked outflow hose and drain connection - OK
- Checked if drain pump impeller moved when drain programme on (filter unscrewed) - No
- Disonnected power leads from drain pump, and attached to multi-meter - reads 120v when drain programme running (odd, why not 230v?).
- Phoned local parts supplier - agreed pump was likely problem.
- Removed pump (Askoll, label said 230-240v). Didn't check winding resistance, but put mains across it (to check again if it would turn) - bang! - (now open circuit!)
- Fitted new pump - still no pumping.
- Tried manual filling and emergency draining several times, getting various E40 and E50 codes.
- Turned off and went to bed.
- Next day, No E-codes, but still no pumping. Tried manual filling and siphon draining (through proper outflow pipe into bowl). Did this while drain and spin programmes were on, and would get one click when programme started, and 2 clicks when siphoning over, but still no pump action (and the spin cycle did not move on to next phase).
Can anyone suggest what to do next. Would get service man to look at it, but wife says call out charge wasted if machine is scrap (it is probably 5-6 years old) - just put the money towards new machine.
It was suggested that the pump had failed and taken out the programmer with it - expensive! Wife wouldn't wait, and bought new machine. Problem almost solved - anyone want an out of order washing machine?
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2010 | Zanussi ZWF10070W Front Load Washer
Jan 02, 2010 | Washing Machines
Feb 22, 2009 | Zanussi IZ12 Front Load Washer
Feb 21, 2009 | Zanussi ZWD1480W Front Load Washer / Dryer
Oct 09, 2008 | Washing Machines
Mar 03, 2007 | Zanussi WJS1265W Front Load Washer/Dryer
906 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: