I have compaq presario C500 LAP-TOP. while doing format Sound Driver was deleted. now i want to install the sound driver for this lap top. please help me to install the sound driver Compaq presario C500.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if u cant install the sound driver just buy a USB sound adaptor and connect it to the USB port and connect the speaker sound jack to the sound port in that....u will have sound....also keep in mind that u " may" have to disable onboard sound in BIOS
get it in Ebay or goole it to locate a place near u
there is a simple sol to ur problem and even i faced it with my laptop as i have the same laptop. just go on properties of my computer and click hardware on top and then device manager then right click on the yallow missing audio driver and click on update driver this will automatically update ur driver from net
if u dont see the update driver button tthen ull have to install service pack 3 first
u can even download realtek AC97 driver and the update as that is more efficient
updating can take 20-30 min so u have to keep patience
u can update other drivers too like this hope u again listen to the audio from ur com
If the operating system on the notebook is XP then follow the below steps:
This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio installed on the computer before installing the audio driver.
Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture driver that need to be installed before installing the audio driver:
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "AUDIO DEVICE ON HIGH DEFINATION BUS" or Conexant High defination audio entry and click Update driver.
3. Select "Not at this time", click on next and Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp35940 folder and the double click the (WinxP -> Thrifty10 -> CPL30A5a.inf file for Audio) Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.