Toshiba laptop wireless internet problems
You shouldnt make an entire new post for an existing posted problem. Next time I will flag...
If you can see the wireless card in your 'network connections' then this is a good sign beucase it means that it is still being detected and most likely is not suffering from a hardware problem. I cannot be sure what the problem is from what you have told me, so I will just give a few other steps that might help.
1. Make sure the wireless card is turned on. I attempted to find the manual for your model so I could find out what the function is to turn it off and on, but I couldnt find it so you will have to figure this out on your own.
2. Remove any and all antivirus/antispyware programs you may have on your computer completely. Recheck on your programs list that they are all off. Even norton occasionally blocks your entire internet connection. This probably is not what your problem is, but this will allow us to make sure this isnt a problem further down the road.
3. Make sure that windows has control over your network connection. for example, when you install a wireless USB network adapter, it normally installs extra software you do not need, and then takes control over the wireless connection. In this case, it might be some software that came with the Laptop. Make sure this is removed, but try to keep the driver.
4. Dont just turn your router off and on, reset the entire thing so it is on default settings. By design, routers come out of the box without any security settings on and should be able to be plug and play with your wireless card.
5. You probably already did this, but double check those connections, make sure all of your wires are working correctly and none of them have been chewed on by a dog or something.
6. If none of these things help, then provide more details on THIS page, do not make a new post. maybe throw in some screen shots or something.
Jul 31, 2009 |