Question about Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
But I cannot get the internet. If I plug directly into the modem I get the internet, so I am wondering if my modem and router are not compatible.
I have a Linksys Cable Modem
Try the following steps :
1. Connectthe cable from your modem into the Internet port of the Linksys router.
2. Reset the router with the reset button for 30 seconds when the router is ON.
3. Turn the router and the modem OFF.
4. Turn the Modem On first, wait for 10 seconds and than the router.
5. Your Internet should work from the computers connectedto the router.
6. If not open the setup page of the router by typing 192.168.1.1 in and browser, the default password is admin.
7. In the setup page, below setup tab, the 3rd subtab is MAC Address Clone, Click on that and click Enable and click Clone the MAC Address.
8. repeat Steps 3 and 4.
Hope tht helps Nikki !
For more info on linksys devices, you can try these links :
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Feb 20, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Dec 30, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Apr 25, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Feb 26, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Nov 17, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Apr 09, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Mar 18, 2009 | Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Routr...
Dec 15, 2008 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Oct 08, 2008 | Computers & Internet
459 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!