Jensen vm9411 has no sound from radio hookups put rca wires have sound
If the previous radio played all the speakers and the new one wont either:
1. You have not hooked the speakers up right.
2. All your speakers are blown.
3. There is a factory amp, you just don't know about it.
4. The radio has blown final outputs.
5. One or more speakers or speaker wires is seeing a ground (shorted out)
First check the radio, hook up a know good test speaker directly to the speaker outputs on the radio. If it works, then take a 9volt battery and try to pop the inside speakers with it. When you touch the + & - speaker wires to the battery + &- you should hear a pop at the speaker. If you do you don't have an amp. If you don't you might have an amp or the wire going to the speaker is dead or shorted out. It is unlikely that all four speakers would be bad or have bad wires. If none of them will pop you need to turn on the factory amp. Then they will play. If only one speaker wont pop then that is the bad speaker. If they all pop then you have a bad speaker or wire.
Dec 18, 2008 |
Car Speakers & Subwoofers