Question about Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
After installing wrt54g2 on my desktop pc, i tried to connect 2 laptops but i failed to connect through cable or wifi
Hey folks, try the following things. Hope it helps !
1. Connect the cable from your modem into the Internet port of the Linksys router.
2. Reset the router with the reset button for 30 seconds when the router is ON.
3. Turn the router and the modem OFF.
4. Turn the Modem On first, wait for 10 seconds and than the router.
5. Your Internet should work from the computers connectedto the router.
6. If not open the setup page of the router by typing 192.168.1.1 in and browser, the default password is admin.
7. In the setup page, below setup tab, the 3rd subtab is MAC Address Clone, Click on that and click Enable and click Clone the MAC Address.
8. Repeat Steps 3 and 4.
For more info on linksys devices, you can try these links :
If you want to configure the Wireless on the router :
Click on the Wireless TAB, change the name [SSID].
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2011 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response. Happy Holidays!
Dec 25, 2010 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Jun 28, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
May 10, 2010 | Routers
Apr 30, 2010 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Dec 31, 2009 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Sep 28, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Sep 19, 2009 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Jun 24, 2009 | Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Routr...
Sep 03, 2008 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
257 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!