Question about Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
After installing wrt54g2 on my desktop pc, i tried to connect 2 laptops but i failed to connect through cable or wifi
Hey folks, try the following things. Hope it helps !
1. Connect the cable from your modem into the Internet port of the Linksys router.
2. Reset the router with the reset button for 30 seconds when the router is ON.
3. Turn the router and the modem OFF.
4. Turn the Modem On first, wait for 10 seconds and than the router.
5. Your Internet should work from the computers connectedto the router.
6. If not open the setup page of the router by typing 192.168.1.1 in and browser, the default password is admin.
7. In the setup page, below setup tab, the 3rd subtab is MAC Address Clone, Click on that and click Enable and click Clone the MAC Address.
8. Repeat Steps 3 and 4.
For more info on linksys devices, you can try these links :
If you want to configure the Wireless on the router :
Click on the Wireless TAB, change the name [SSID].
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 25, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Oct 09, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 10, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 30, 2010 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Dec 31, 2009 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Sep 28, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Jan 10, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 03, 2008 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Jul 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
257 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!