Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
I changed the name of my linksys wireless router and now my laptop or xbox won't connect to it wirelessly. It will connect with an ethernet cable.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Once you have all the wireless settings of the router, you are ready to connect the play station or the x-box to the wireless network.
On the x-box you will need to connect to the wireless network now.
Open the main Interface of the X-Box.
1. In the Xbox Dashboard, go to My Xbox and open System Settings.
2. Select Network Settings, Configure Network.
3. On the Basic Settings tab, select your wireless settings.
4. Select the name (SSID) of your wireless network. If your router isn't broadcasting your network's name, select Specify Unlisted Network and enter the name.
5. If your network has wireless security, enter your WEP or WPA key.
6. Try to connect to Xbox LIVE again.
Trouble connecting to the internet on X-box ,Play station or WII ?
You can try to reduce the MTU settings on the router. if the MTU on the router is set to 1500 then change the MTU to 1365. Also you will need to open the ports on the router.
For X-box port numbers are - 53, 80-88, 3074 .
Jan 23, 2011 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Jan 15, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Jul 07, 2010 | Linksys WRT110 Wireless Router
Jul 03, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Apr 02, 2010 | Microsoft Wireless Network Adapter Xbox...
Feb 07, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Jan 29, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Dec 29, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 09, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!