Question about Whirlpool GEW9250 Electric Dryer
HOW DO YOU BENCH TEST A DOOR SWITCH WITH 3 WIRES?
Knowing which wire goes to what is required. Then you may ohm it out changing the switches position. when the door closes then one set of contacts are opened and the other set is closed. Best described as one hot to a parallel switch. One allows the the light to come on and the other is a permissible circuit loop that will allow the unit to function when the door is closed. :?) DRRXR
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
Its a switch ,,1 is hot and the other 2 are poles...unit just check for contnunity..,,onthejob
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2015 | Grinders
Feb 28, 2015 | Kenmore Dryers
Jul 17, 2012 | Chevrolet Colorado Cars & Trucks
Apr 30, 2012 | 2002 Ford Taurus
Aug 22, 2011 | 2003 Ford F150 Regular Cab
If lock motor runs:
1. Test continuity of wiring between EOC and lock switch on lock motor assy. Repair if needed.
2. Advance motor until cam depresses the plunger on lock motor switch. Test continuity of switch contacts. If
switch is open replace lock motor assy.
3. If motor runs and switch contacts and wiring harness test good, replace the EOC.
If lock motor does not run:
1. Test continuity of lock motor windings. Replace lock motor assembly if windings are open.
2. Test lock motor operation by using a test cord to apply voltage. If motor does not operate replace lock motor
3. If motor runs with test cord check continuity of wire harness to lock motor terminals. If harness is good replace
Door lock motor or latch
AS YOU SEE THE F93 CODE REFERES TO THE DOOR LATCH MOTOR
Jul 19, 2011 | Kenmore Ovens
Mar 11, 2010 | 1997 Buick Skylark
Feb 07, 2010 | 1997 GMC Jimmy
Oct 10, 2009 | Black & Decker 3/4 Hp, 8" 205MM, Heavy...
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!