Question about Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
My Epson R1800 is printing only purple, not just a purple cast, pure purple monochrome. I am printing from a mac book pro, OS 10.4.11. I have never gotten the drivers to work in every application, but can usually print from Photoshop and Illustrator fine.
This is happening whether I print a color photo or a b&w photo. It does print fine using black ink only. I've tried to change every setting and paper type and no matter what I get these purple prints. Anyone know what gives?
Also if anyone is using the same equipment, what settings do you use — on the printer and in application (color profiles) — to get it to match your screen?
If you updated your mac then what happens is a generic driver (GIMP/CUPS) got installed. Do the following:
To remove any previous Epson printer driver files and get a good working install of the latest download for the Intel Duo Core, do the following:
1. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
2. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
3. Double click on the PRINTERS folder.
4. Drag the EPSON folder to the trash can.
5. Close any open windows.
6. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
7. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
8. Double click on the RECEIPTS folder.
9. Delete any "Epson" receipts. Close back to desktop.
10. Open the OS X "Printer Setup Utility".
11. Select the "Printer Setup Utility" menu at the top of your screen and click "Reset Printing System...". Confirm resetting.
12. Close all open windows and restart your computer.
If you have not done so already, use the following steps to obtain the download for the new Intel Duo Core driver:
1. Go to http://support.epson.com
2. Select Printers then Inkjet then your printer model.
3. Under "Drivers and Downloads" select Macintosh.
4. Download only the driver marked for the Intel Duo Core system.
Printer Driver v3.0aAs
Intel-based Macs with OS X (v10.4.4 or later)
epson11769.dmg - 12.4MB - posted on 02/06/06
1. Double-click on the "epson11769.dmg" file and follow prompts to create an "epson11769_r1800_printer_driver_30aas" disk image on your desktop.
2. Open the disk image. Double-click the "SPR1800Series 30a" installer icon to begin the installation.
3. Follow prompts to complete installation. Restart Mac once the install is complete.
Do the following to add the printer once the new downloadable Intel Duo Core driver has been downloaded and installed properly:
1. Connect printer.
2. Open Printer Setup Utility.
3. Click ADD.
4. Ensure you are on the Default Browser window.
5. Highlight printer as it appears under Printer Name.
6. For "Print Using" select "Epson Stylus R1800" if this automatically appears on the list. If this does not appear, select OTHER (not "Epson" - which links you to GIMP drivers, which we don't recommend or support). NOTE: if you are using a firewire connection, the printer name may appear as a letter only - ie "E" for "Epson". This is normal.
7. A new window opens where you can Browse to the hard drive location of:
HD > Library > Printers > Epson > Inkjet Printers
(This location contains all the Intel Duo Core Epson driver plugins, be they resident or downloaded.)
8. Highlight/Select the plugin for your printer model in the Inkjet Printers folder, then click OPEN.
9. Use the up/down arrows at the end of "Print Using" again to (re)select the printer's name, which will now appear at the TOP of the "Print Using" list.
10. Click ADD. The new downloaded driver will now be added on the list.
11. If there are other printers on the list, ensure the Epson is made default before testing.
When you are working with a printer model which supports borderless and/or roll paper printing options, you will be able to select these options in the program you are printing from as you set up your print job.
1. Once you have an image or file open, go to File > Page Setup.
2. For "Format For" select the Epson printer name (rather than "Any Printer").
3. Select the appropriate Paper Size. If your printer supports different layout features, each paper size will have several different options. For example, the 4x6 paper size will have an arrow pointing right which offers choices of 4x6 Borderless, 4x6 Standard-Minimize Margins, etc. Pick the paper type plus layout/margin option you want to use here.
4. Click OK on Page Setup. You are now ready to print.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
SOURCE: I cannot match the print
Not an uncommon problem. Monitors are normally adjusted to what the viewer considers the ideal FOR THEIR viewing which has not relation to what the image is actuall like-hence the mismatch in what you see and what the print looks like.
Have a read here and see if it works.
Posted on Aug 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Feb 17, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Oct 15, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Jun 06, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
May 09, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Dec 06, 2008 | Epson Stylus 2200 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 18, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Apr 24, 2007 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Jun 11, 2015 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
Sep 07, 2014 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
304 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!