- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try installing the latest audio driver first. You can download the audio and device drivers from the Compaq/HP WEB support/download page. Make sure you select your model laptop and the Windows drivers you require and install them. Click on this link to download the drivers: - www.compaq.com/country/cpq_support.html
There is a wiring, connection issue from the laptop to the speakers.
There is a driver issue. Try clicking uninstall on the speakers. Under device manager, right click the speakers and click uninstall, and then click scan for changes. This will attempt to install the newer drivers.
Steps to be followed:
1. check whether audio driver is installed properly ? if not install audio driver & check 2. check audio setting in control panel & confirm 3. connect external speaker in laptop and check whether sound is coming? if sound is coming then ur laptop internal speaker need replacement 4. if there is no sound in external speaker then need to check ur motherboard or sound card. All the best.
You might have already tried this, but:
1) press the "start" or windows logo button at the bottom-left hand corner of the screen.
2) press "control panel" on the right side of the menu.
3) press the "sound" button (thumb-nails should be alphabetically ordered.)
you should be on the tab "playback". if so, check if you are currently using "realtek high-defenition audio". there should be a little green check-mark.
once you have that done, check to see if the "fn + arrow key(s)" button(s) work. if not, then you must have a speaker problem.
the last laptop i had had speakers that worked great, but they just stopped working one day all of the sudden...
so i just used the headphones port to plug in some speakers and that worked just fine.
try external speakers if you can not solve this soon.