Question about Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
I've cleaned the ink absorber on my Canon ip1800 - filled with Canon's own blue ink! How do I reset it so that I can use the printer again please?
Not easy for most people to replace or clean ink pads, but this will reset
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button.
(Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button.
(Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 3 times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons.
(Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
SOURCE: canon ip2000 reset ink absorber
Waste Ink Counter Reset:
Step 1: Manual for Service mode
1. Unplug power and USB.
2. Open door and hold power button.
3. Connect power.
4. Close door, then release power button.
step 2 : Software for Permanent
1. Reconnect the printer cable.
2.Open General Tools software and select (USB PORT)
3 .Choose (SET DESTINATION 1) And it should be reset.
"After service mode Pls use software for permanent reset"
Hope that helps! Should you have any further questions,please feel free to post them here.
P.S. - If you find that the solution/answerI provided led you to, or resulted in a fix, please close the ticket with a FixYa!rating. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation.
Thank you for using FIXYA!
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2016 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 18, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Toclear blinking the ink absorber Full is Unplug the printer power cable. Then hold the power button, while the power cable plug into an electric current, press the resume button once (the power button is pressed ) emerging power button, until this process will be a normal printer, it can be used for printing.
Now you need to run software tools for permanent reset:
download http://i-likethis.com/download in the canon printer section you will see Printer Canon iP-1880 Tools Resetting.
Run the tools and follow this steps:
1. Select USB port
2. Click lock release
3. Click ip1800
4. Click device id
5. Clear waste ink counter by clicking MAIN & PLATEN
6. Check EEPROM Box
7. Click EEPROM Dump
8. Test pattern 1
Hope this helps.
Mar 30, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
May 28, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
May 25, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 18, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 Printer
May 02, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 08, 2014 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
400 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!