This can be the result of also having a program called "Speedbit Video Accelerator" installed on your computer. Speedbit Video Accelerator is a program that one can install to allow YouTube videos to stream faster and easier. However, this program can result in the installation or usage of Yahoo! Messenger to become laggy or hang up, resulting in the inability to use Yahoo!.
Check to see if you have Speedbit Video Accelerator by going to Control Panel, and then Add and Remove Programs. If you have this software, it is best to remove/uninstall it, otherwise you will be unable to install and use Yahoo! Messenger. Once Speedbit Video Accelerator is uninstalled, you can then attempt to install Yahoo! Messenger once more.
This should fix the issue. If it does work after uninstalling Speedbit Video Accelerator, it is best to keep Speedbit uninstalled, as it can cause problems once Yahoo! is installed as well.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If uninstalling and reinstalling your Yahoo Messenger does not fix the problem, try creating a new user on your computer and login to that user and start yahoo messenger from there. This is actually a corrupted user setting problem on your current one.
All Yahoo messenger versions don't have built-in Voice and Video features. The most common (for all users) is the u.s. version with full featured version. And there's no problem using the U.S. version in UAE or Africa etc.. If you need one, you can download it from the links below:
1. Yahoo messenger U.S. version Online installer. Open the link and click the "Download Now" button. After it's downloaded, you have to install it and the installation will take some time with this version since the actual database files are to be downloaded from the Yahoo server.
2. Yahoo messenger U.S. version Standalone, offline installer. With this installer, you'll be able to install the yahoo messenger directly without another download process. It may take longer to download, but will take less time during the installation.
my friend try to reinstall your yahoo messenger to fixthe problem. you can download this offline installer to make your installation 90 - 100 % success. Yahoo Messenger
just click the link i provided then download the installer and install it.
Hope this helps your problem.
maximum of 10 mins. if you already download the yahoo exe. then if system updating configuration pls wait is appear for a long minute of time... then you did not properly uninstall the previous version of the messenger... kindly uninstall it and delete the remaining folder of yahoo in program files/ yahoo folder....
download a latest copy yahoo messenger, sometime when your yahoo
messenger become old it cant log you in download from here...... this link is yahoo messenger standalone installer Click here to Download
install yahoo messenger
then log in again
This will help. Thanks please keep updated.
please do rate the solution positively .Thank you for using Fixya
I Have Had This Problem Many Times The Program Is Usually Fully Operational Although It States It Doesn't Finish So I Would Recommend Trying To Run It Once It Has Gotten To %100 And If That Doesn't Work You May Need To Install Another Version Of Yahoo.
make sure you have the latest update on software by using windows update
Make sure messenger is off, then go to regedit then open up HKEY CURRENT USER then open up SOFTWARE then open up MICROSOFT then open up WINDOWS then open up CURRENT VERSION then click on Internet Settings but dont open it just click on it then go half way down the list to find PROXY ENABLE,PROXY SERVER,PROXY OVERRIDE then click on PROXY ENABLE click modify binary and change from 0x00000000 (1) to 0x00000000 (0) then delete PROXY SERVER and PROXY OVERRIDE and there you go sign into messenger this has worked perfect for me hope it does for you.
It's either one of the two:
- Yahoo! servers are down for maintenance, the only fix would be to wait.
- Your connection preferences are wrong: Messenger tab just above where you sign in and then click the Connection Preference option