Question about HP Officejet Pro L7680 InkJet Printer
Keep getting an alignment failed on my L7680. It is brand new, I followed the instructions on set up, but keep getting the error, any ideas?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Posted on Nov 29, 2008
Try cleaning print cartridges from HP toolbox
or reset process
Please see note at bottom re: powering on and off
1) If you know you are going through the re-set process. Ensure there is nothing in your printer que already when you want to power on again.
2) Plug printer/scanner directly into the wall, not a power bar or UPS... Read at one point, it has something to do with the electricity (KW or Voltage or Amps) factor and power requirements to the printer/scanner. However was very technical and don't remember enough details to explain properly, sorry... Anyhow, directly into the wall.
This is what has worked for me. Got original re-set process of solution from sillygirl.
3) Disconnect all cables from printer.
4) Clean the glass on top with alcohol and cotton swabs.
5) Then go through the reset process (press # 6 while plugging the power back into the printer).
6) If you have the CD for your printer it doesn't hurt to put it in your CD carriage in case your printer is looking for files or drivers. If CD starts to go to a un-install or full re-install just cancel and leave in carriage.
7) Sometimes helps if you first plug printer in.
8) Re-boot pc before powering on printer. Once re-boot has started and PC will start to look for printer.
9) Power on printer (press # 6 while plugging the power back into the printer to re-set).
10) Watch for point where your printer icon usually appears and plug the USB into the PC.
11) If this does not work then take the printer apart and clean the underside of the glass as well. Unfortunately need to go through re-set process again. May need to buy a set of screw drivers for removing the glass. They are different. (Torx)
12) In another solution it states - you must clean all the mirrors inside the scanner assembly q-tips work well (black box closed with two locks) also the lens and the delicate spaghetti-like lamp. Generally this works... Not everyone has done this part but worth a try when the printer is already open.
13) There is a black and white strip at that end of the scanner. Check to ensure the strip is there, in tact and placed correctly. This is what the scanner carriage aligns itself with.
Just so people know. I have posted solutions to this before that have worked for me. However, I really do think this comes down to a driver issue (do we all have XP, mine is actually XP Home Edition). Since HP no longer updates these printers not sure if we will ever see a driver that works perfectly. Once you get it going again it will all work great. The problem lies in powering on and off. Once you get it going without the scanner carriage jamming, leave it on! Even in the case of a power out I usually have to re-set again but can get it going, eventually (it can be very frustrating). Sometimes need to re-boot PC and plug USB into the PC while booting up and just about to look for your printer. This is to ensure it finds the printer/scanner. Also, when really desperate uninstall and re-install the hardware. Sometimes can try for quite some time to get it working again and eventually have to just leave it off for a few days then can get going again afterwards. Not sure if this has something to do with memory.
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
Are all the inks printing? If not you need to get all colours working before correct align can take place Have you tried cleaning the gold cartridge contacts? Wth a little distilled water, cotton bud and then let dry before reinstalling
Posted on May 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2016 | HP Deskjet 3050A e-All-in-One -...
Oct 07, 2012 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Jan 03, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
you need more help come back.
/ thumbs / testimonial are welcome!
Dec 17, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Aug 23, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Jun 18, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
May 16, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart C4180 All-in-One Color...
Aug 04, 2008 | HP PSC 2175 All-In-One InkJet Printer
1,348 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: