Question about Philips 55PP9502 55" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Where to buy the convergence board of a 55PP9502

Hi. I own a 55PP9502 and it seems that my ic chips are damaged, since I can no longer fix the convergence and have a red and blue arcs at the bottom of the screen. I´ve read that the problem is fixed by changing the ic chips, but also read that changing that not always fix the issue since it might be a capacitor or other thing. Do you know the part number of the whole board so it is only matter of replacing it all? Thanks so much in advanced.

PD I found partsuperstore but the description for the parts offered doesn't explain really what the part is about.

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • kakaroto777 Feb 11, 2009

    Thanks for the help. Just to confirm, this convergence board includes the convergence chips already soldered to it, so it is just a matter of plug and play right? No soldered needed, and is just a matter of removing cables and removing the old part, and installing the new one? Thanks again.

  • Anonymous Feb 24, 2009

    I've read that it's tough to get the right part for Philips TVs. So many different models/variations. Did the above linked part turn out to be the right one? I have the same issue with my 55pp9502. I'm not sure of the suffix for my TV either. I guess that this model can end in 17 or 99? Anything else?

  • kakaroto777 Mar 23, 2009

    Hi. I just want to thank F1forHelp for the support. Actually the part recommended here was not the correct one, but the store recommended was the best solution. Before posting here, I asked different Philips suppliers for recommendations on the part and I didn´t even got an automated reply from them. Here I was recommended a part from . As suggested, I wrote them asking if the part 313503710253 was the correct one, and in a fast reply they told me that the one I was looking for was part 313503710841 *HDR* SSM BD. This is the whole board that already has the convergence chips and all the capacitors, etc. already soldered to it. Yesterday I replaced the part myself and the TV is working flawless again!. The only thing I would like to note is that you can replace the part only if you feel comfortable working with electronic parts. It is true that is plug and play, but on the old board there are like three cards that needs to be removed and those same cards needs to be installed on the new board. Imagine a computer motherboard in which you need to remove all pci cards, replace the board and reinstall the pci cards. It took some time, and most important, you need to remember all the cables you disconnect so you can connect all of them correctly on the new board. Something else, if someone gets this same board (don´t know for other Philips models) the board seems to be like an inch bigger than the old one, so it will not fit on the frame inside the tv. For this particular model on the left side of the new board, you will see a long line from top to bottom, and you only need to "break" that part and this way will fit perfectly. As a final note, the cheapest fix would be just to buy the convergence chips and to solder them, but I read in other forums people doing this to find that the tv has the same issue, since the convergence problem can be due to a single capacitor blown so to avoid the problem of having to measure every single one, I just replaced the whole board so for 200.00 I hope to have a couple of more years of a great 55" high definition screen.



1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 298 Answers

You can find a replacement auto convergence board for a model # 55PP9502 from this major Philips part distributor at the following link:

Philips 55PP9502 Replacement Part Auto Convergence Board

Posted on Feb 02, 2009

  • F1forHelp Feb 12, 2009

    Yes it should be a simple plug and play, but you may want to contact their order desk to verify.



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have model number 60pp9202 and the screen is mostly red and green and when words come up there is like a double image

Tv have any colors lines R,G,B mis alignments,have a colors shadows picures or a 3D pictures look alike?Yes?The tv have a problems known as a convergence pictures problems,it is dead and the problems.The tv convergence board must have to be repair like replacing like 2 STK convergence ICS and some or all of it resistors too.To fixed the tv convergence board to solved the tv pictures convergence problems.The tvs shops will cost u like $300-350 for parts and labors.

Aug 30, 2011 | Philips 55PP9502 55" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Convergence problem

The convergence board is bad in this set. Samsung no longer has this board in stock. You will have to take the board out and rebuild it by replacing both of the STK convergence amp IC's These IC's are soldered to the printed circuit board. They will be standing up against a metal plate, called a heat sink. They are black in color and are about 2" by 3" . They have white lettering on them that start with STK and the some numbers. You get those numbers and go to, enter the exact number of the IC and order two of them. Before you install the new IC's you will need to apply some heat sink compound onm the back of the new IC's. This heat sink compound is avaialable thruogh radio shack. Good Luck

Aug 23, 2007 | Samsung HCL4715W 47" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

I have a 60 inch rca rear projection tv and it looks like the screen is bowed can i fix this myself or will i have to pay someone to do it

Ur tv have a problems known as a convergence picture problems it is dead.The tv convergence board it is dead and must have to repair like replacing 2 STK convegence ICS and some or all of it resistors too.To fixed the tv convergence board to solved the tv convergence pictures problems.Yes,u can fix it and do the works by ur self.But u have to have all the requirement tools,have the skills and the know how to do the work on a circuit board and can do basic soldering work like take out ICS chips and replaces ICS chips on a soldering circuit board and also can take out some small dead components parts and replaces it with doing a soldering works.U can do that?Yes?Tries websites like, to buy a whole complete convergence kit that belong to ur DLP tv make and mode about $70-$75 also the kit will have a DVD tutoring disc.As i said u have all tools and the skills to work on a cucuit board and changes ICS and resistors u can do the job ur self.Or tvs shops will cost u like $300-350 for parts and labors.

Aug 30, 2011 | Sony KP-51WS500 51" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Manual converge, multipoint red, when i try to adjust it doesn't move

This is because one of the convergence Ic's has failed. It is common pratice to replace both IC's because if one has failed the other is not far behind The part number you want to get is STK-392-110, but you may want to use higher rated oneslike STK-392-120 instead. You can find the convergence IC's on the main power supply they are mounted on a large metal heat sink. They are black in color and are the largest IC's in the unit.

Feb 27, 2011 | Philips 55PP9502 55" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

Sony KP-53XBR45 i have a bad convergence board. Do I fix it or replace it. Where is the part available

Replace convergence out ICs to get it fixed.
You can replace these chips if you can replace parts in circuit board with proper tools or ask local tv tech.
Required ICs are available with Part Store.

Mar 19, 2010 | Sony KP-53XBR45 53" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

Tv has double pictue and yellow and green color

Double picture is due to convergence out chips failure in tv, replace convergence out chips (quantity 02) to fix the problem.
Let me know if you want to replace these chips by yourself, please note that it requires soldering work in circuit board of tv with proper tools.

Feb 02, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-51WS655 51" Rear...

2 Answers

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65711 that is six years

Go by number on your ICs If they are STK392-570 then use STK392-570 only! Call Mats for parts 10.95 each 1-800-628-1118 They are Big Black ICs mounted on Big Aluimmim heat sink will have STK on them!

Dec 27, 2009 | Mitsubishi WS-65711 65" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Hutachi 43inch rear projection 5 yrs old


Hitachi Convergence

Check out the Convergence Gallery. If you see the colored outlines or color shading as in the Gallery, you have a convergence problem.

The repair for a Hitachi requires the replacement of the defective IC or ICs and any damaged or smoked resistors. Some models don't have a separate convergence board and the board is not usually available for the ones that do have a separate convergence board. Usually there is little alignment required after the repair. If you play with all the adjustments before the fix, hours may be spent re-aligning.

If you change the original ICs with substitute "new and improved" parts that are talked about in the blogs, you will probably create problems. Use the original ICs and resistors.

Don't monkey with it.

This is a delicate and difficult repair. If not done by someone with some electronic repair experience, the TV will likely end up as junk or cost considerably more for a tech to fix the damage done.

If you live in Calgary, call me. If elsewhere, find a competent tech.


Jul 30, 2008 | Samsung HCN4226W 42" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Convergence problem then no power up after replacement

Check to ne absolutely certain that all the wires are plugged back in correctly, also if the wires are correct check the resistors near the convergence ICs one or two of them are likely open as well.

Mar 11, 2008 | Samsung PCL6215R 62" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

Toshiba model 61HX70 convergence issue

It is a good possibility you damaged something on that PCB that had the IC's, I like to use an upgraded chip the STK394-160e that is designed for HD signal stresses. I dont know why they ordered the convergence board but I suspect it would have been ok, there are also 2 jumpers that need soldering JW10 and JW50 that supply power to the chips and they REQUIRE resoldering or it will fail again. Might try reseating the RED CRT board, check for cables that you may have unhooked to see if they are not seated in their sockets properly, double check every wire you unhooked, Make sure you used a Silicone Heatsink Compound on to the back of the IC's. I dont know what all you unhooked, but check the wires going between the CRT Boards. Check for cracks in the boards to make sure they werent flexed to much. Good Luck.

Sep 09, 2006 | Toshiba 61HX70 61" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Philips 55PP9502 55" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

166 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Philips Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75032 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1213 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a Philips Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides