2 PROBLEMS - DEFAULTS TO FIREFOX, SECURITY SETTINGS WON'T SAVE
I bought my daughter "Acer Aspire One" for christmas. I have 2 problems which Acer don't seem able to solve.
1. When I use the browser it defaults to firefox, it will not store yahoo as my homepage.
2. and more annoying, under setting preferences when we try and update settings so that we are not continually being prompted about leaving an encryptyed page do u wish to continue, do u wish to close tabs etc we cannot save the settings. You press the ok button
but nothing happens so you have to use the red cross therefore your settings dont save.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Regarding the unexpected errors on playing games like solitaire or minesweeper on your D255...
As it is second hand, there may be hardware or software problems or both. Software problems can be eliminated by doing a restore of the notebook to its factory image and settings as follows...
1. power off the notebook completely and then power on again
2. during the start-up, press Alt key (to left of space bar) and F10 key together repeatedly
3. wait several minutes for Acer eRecovery to load
4. after loading eRecovery, use the up and down cursor keys to select restore type.
5. following is from the initial screen for Acer eRecovery Management (V7.0.10)
Select Restore Type
[>] Completely Restore System to Factory Defaults
Restore your PC to factory default status.
All data on C: drive will be deleted.
[>] Restore Operating System and Retain User Data
Restore only the operating system of your PC to the factory defaults.
Files from your user accounts will be transferred to C:\backup.
This option will not remove persistent viruses or malware.
Regarding WiFi problem...
1. may just need to turn on the WiFi by pushing the slide switch for it at the front right of the D255
2. you would do this after restoring to factory defaults above to ensure no software problems....
buy your daughters laptop a laptop cooler with built in USB fans i had similiar problems with my wifes hewlett packard compaq cq bought a laptop cooler fixed the problem
(if you replaced the cooling fan why does'nt it run)
hope this helps
A branded computer uses Original Equpment Manufacturer (OEM) version of Operating System, hence if you change any hardware it will go to the trial version of OS automatically. Hence, you have to use the full system recovery disk to reinstall the OS.
Thanks and regards, Anil.B.R
hi im josh in cebu phils. if the you forgot the password then you can delete or changes it. you go to the bios utility setup then go to security settings then disable or change new password.then save the changes then reboot your pc. bang! problems solved.good luck
1) Reinstall the sound drivers 2) IE, click tools, internet options, connections, LAN settings, auto detect settings Firefox, tools, options, advanced, network, settings, direct connection to the internet. ~ If both are still not working, trying reinstalling each one.
3) As for the e-recovery error. I have heard that dell and sony vaios can go threw the recovery mode in the bios. Try hitting f10 when the computer is starting up. If you're still having problems with the e-recovery console contact acer and let them know about the problem you are encountering. You can always ask them for the recovery disks.