Re: how do i unlock an ipod with " ipod disabled".
If you are the original owner of the iPod just connect it to the computer that you first synced the device with.
If you have found an iPod that had a lock code on it and have attempted to guess the passwords incorrectly too many times, I recommend you do the right thing and give it back to the original owner if you can.
If you cannot find the original owner I see no point in letting a good piece of technology go to waste so follow these instructions.
1) Turn off the iPod by holding down the power button (button on the top) and sliding the slider across to shut it off.
2) Find your Sync Cable and Plug it into the computer (just the computer, not the iPod yet)
3) Open iTunes
4) Hold down the home button. (Button at the bottom) While still holding down the button connect the sync cable to the iPod.
This should put the iPod into recovery mode. Once in recovery mode iTunes should pop up a message stating that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode and should allow you to restore it. This will delete all of the data/music on the iPod but will allow you to use it as if it were new.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Keep the power and home buttons pressed until the "Connect to iTunes" screen comes and restore (everything will be erased). or 2. Ssh your iphonego to th path mobile/Library/Preferences/delete com.apple.springboard.plistoff and on your iPhone (MAY need to be jailbroken, not entirely sure).
According to Apple, if you have forgotten the code, you can unlock the IPod by doing the following:
Connect your IPod to the primary computer you use it with (the first one IPod synced with), and open iTunes. When you disconnect iPod from the computer, it will no longer be locked. If you can't unlock IPod using either [the code or connecting it to the computer you use to manage its songs]. . . you can restore your iPod to factory settings using iPod Updater. Please note that this will erase all data on your iPod. Afterwards, you can add your music and data back to your iPod.
If you want to change the primary computer that your IPod is associated with, do this:
1. Restore your iPod. WARNING: The restore process cannot be undone. All of your songs and files will be deleted. Always make a backup of your important data.
2. Connect your iPod to the computer that you want to be the primary computer.
3. Open iTunes and synchronize. Apple also notes that company "representatives cannot unlock an iPod if you forget your combination. If you can't unlock your iPod and you don't have access to the primary computer, your only option is to restore the IPod, which will erase all music and data."
For this FREE answer, Please rate me
The iPod touch is disabled when the incorrect unlock code is entered too many times. The time the iPod makes you wait increases each time an incorrect unlock code is entered.
There are two ways you should be able to unlock the iPod. First, connect the iPod to the computer it was last synced with. After iTunes recognizes the iPod, you should be able to enter your unlock code and unlock the iPod.
If the first method doesn't work or you don't remember your unlock code, then do this: 1) Turn the iPod off. 2) Hold down the Home button and connect the iPod to the computer it was last synced with. 3)Release the Home button when the iTunes image appears of the iPod's screen. 4)Wait for iTunes to recognize the iPod and then follow the onscreen directions to restore the iPod.
If neither method works, you will need to contact Apple Customer Support.
If you remember what your unlock code is, then connect the iPod to the computer it was last synced with. After iTunes recognizes the iPod, you should be able to enter your unlock code.
If you do not remember your unlock code, or the steps above do not work, then you will need to restore your iPod. To do this: 1) Turn the iPod off. 2) Hold down the iPod's Home button and plug the iPod into the computer it was last synced with. 3) Release the Home button when the iTunes image appears on the iPod's screen. 4)
Wait for iTunes to recognize that the iPod is in recovery mode, and
then follow the onscreen instructions to restore the iPod.
Note: You may lose some of the information stored on the iPod.
If you cannot unlock the iPod after doing this, you will need to call Apple Customer Support.
1) Open iTunes
2) Connect your iPod Touch
3) Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttom for about 20-30 seconds
4) Then it will say " Connect to iTunes" Disconnect your iPod and Connect it again
5) Then it will say "your ipod is in restore mode" some like that and click OK and click restore
in iTunes and it will download the new version and that's it.